Silvestr Potash wrote:I have questions about phost 4.1e.Mainly about documentation.
1. The phost docs uses the term "ship slot". It also uses parameter NumShips in pconfig.src. The tie between this terms is not clear. As i read the docs , i assume the quantity of "ship slots" is the "NumShips" - "The number of ships is build already in the game". But it is not true. So, what exact formula to determine the shiplimit?
I have a game with the two player miss.the NumShips is 500 in this pconfig.src. But the shiplimit is 409 ship.
The quantity of "Ship Slots" is "NumShips". That is, by default, there are 500 ship slots. Each of them can be occupied or not (that's what the term "slot" is intended to suggest). If you have "NumShips=500" in your pconfig.src, you will be able to build 500 ships, no matter how many players are in the game -- unless there is an add-on that interferes.
What number of ships must be build in the game to start collect the PBP points in the PBP build queue?
How it depends of NumShips ?
How can i calculate the shiplimit? What condition i must meet to be sure shiplimit=NumShips?
You collect build points all the time (this is the same as in Tim-host). You can use them whenever you want (this is different from Tim-host):
- you can spend points on a priority build even before the ship limit, although this usually makes no sense
- you are not forced to do priority builds after the ship limit, you can pile up points for the big gun if you wish
2. I use accurate fuel model. I must note that formula for fuel consumption is differ in phost 4.1 and phost 3.x.
The docs for phost 4:fuel usage =Total_ship_mass* (1.0 - Exp(-(Engine_fuel_usage * Distance) / (Max_dist * 100000)))
Warp^2 ...for normal engines
Warp^2 * 2 ...for gravitonic engines
The docs for phost3: fuel usage= RND((FuellessShipMass+ShipFuel)
* (1 - EXP(-FUEL_CONSUMPTION_RATE * DistanceToTravel)))
If i assume "Distance=DistanceToTravel" then difference between formulas is in 1/Max_dist
Its completely wrong. May be you must use "remaining time" instead of "1/Max_dist".
I must note that Phost 4 uses formula for phost 3 doc. Not the formula in the phost 4 doc.
There is no difference. FUEL_CONSUMPTION_RATE is defined as Engine_fuel_usage / (Max_dist * 100000). Therefore, the formula is the same in PHost 3 and PHost 4. And as long as I'm maintaining PHost, the formula will never change, to avoid increasing confusion.
The values you're used to ("Transwarps, Warp 9 => 100.00") are Engine_fuel_usage / Max_dist.