Online PHost Docs

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

Online PHost Docs

Post#1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:07 pm

For anyone that is interested, you can view the online version of the PHost documentation at http://www.phost.de/dox/toc.htm
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#2 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Version 4.0i docs are at:

http://phost.de/phost4doc/
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#3 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:02 pm

Soooo.... is it a safe bet that you'll be running PHost 4.0? I guess that's the latest version, yes?

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:08 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Soooo.... is it a safe bet that you'll be running PHost 4.0? I guess that's the latest version, yes?
Does that mean I printed the wrong docs?
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#5 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:17 pm

Sysop wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Soooo.... is it a safe bet that you'll be running PHost 4.0? I guess that's the latest version, yes?
#-o Yepper :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:41 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:
I thought 4.0 was a beta. What are the differences.
Best Regards,

Joe

Battlestar Host

Post#7 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:54 pm

Sysop wrote:
Sysop wrote: Does that mean I printed the wrong docs?
No, 4.0 is beta.. 4.0i is not... as for docs... just worry about the version 4 docs added on to the 3.0 docs... all the stuff for 3 still applies. Of course not to blow my own horn.. but if a certain host had a nonboring website, he would post the docs on his site... linked off his other pages.. just like I did :) Here are mine... and I have the V4 docs linked also.

http://www.battlestarcommand.com/Help/PHOST/PHOST.html

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Cherek

Post#8 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:00 pm

Sysop wrote:I thought 4.0 was a beta. What are the differences.
You are thinking of PHost 4.0i and VGA Planets 4.0 as being associated with each other because of the XXXXX 4.0. PHost 4.0 is a replacement version for PHost 3.0. You know like Win95, then Win98 etc... I don't think there is a PHost for VGA Planets 4.0. The PHost 4.0i is the current version for use with VGA Planets 3.XXX.

(Are you having second thoughts about PHost yet :?: )
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Battlestar Host

Post#9 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:02 pm

You are thinking of PHost 4.0i and VGA Planets 4.0 as being associated with each other because of the XXXXX 4.0. PHost 4.0 is a replacement version for PHost 3.0. You know like Win95, then Win98 etc... I don't think there is a PHost for VGA Planets 4.0. The PHost 4.0i is the current version for use with VGA Planets 3.XXX.

Well Greg... actually.. you know... Phost 4.0 was beta.... then 4.0i took it out of beta... just so we are acurate... not to try to slam you or anything... and btw.. I am anxiously awaiting the appearance of Admiral Cain...

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Cherek

Post#10 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:Well Greg... actually.. you know... Phost 4.0 was beta.... then 4.0i took it out of beta... just so we are acurate... not to try to slam you or anything... and btw.. I am anxiously awaiting the appearance of Admiral Cain...

Ed
I don't mind being slammed, as long as the person who is slamming is right. Thanks for the beat information. Yeah, Admiral Nelena Cain will be interesting.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#11 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:56 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:
Sysop wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: #-o Yepper :lol:
No, 4.0 is beta.. 4.0i is not... as for docs... just worry about the version 4 docs added on to the 3.0 docs... all the stuff for 3 still applies. Of course not to blow my own horn.. but if a certain host had a nonboring website, he would post the docs on his site... linked off his other pages.. just like I did :) Here are mine... and I have the V4 docs linked also.

http://www.battlestarcommand.com/Help/PHOST/PHOST.html

Ed
I'll probably do just that, but I would be really boring to take the easy way out just post his docs as is... I think I to drop them in my own template :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#12 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:58 pm

No sir. I'm not confusing them with Tim's pipe dream VGAP 4.0.

When you go the PHOST site, there are two versions plainly listed. And being that I hadn't read the docs for 4.0, I was under the assumption that it was a beta program. If 4.0+ is the latest greatest working version of PHOST, and not a beta of any sort, I'll use it.
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:00 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:

Well Greg... actually.. you know... Phost 4.0 was beta.... then 4.0i took it out of beta... just so we are acurate... not to try to slam you or anything... and btw.. I am anxiously awaiting the appearance of Admiral Cain...

Ed
Welp, the Admiral Cain should be on in one hour my time. It's 9pm EST as I write this.

PS, I already know what's going to happen!!!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

Battlestar Host

Post#14 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:25 pm

Without sounding too brash... BITE ME :shock:

Ed

Cherek

Post#15 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:
Without sounding too brash... BITE ME :shock:

Ed
What ever you say, Nelena. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Intel”