MBRs surviving a glory device explosion!?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

MBRs surviving a glory device explosion!?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Ahoy!

The subject says all. In one of my games that happened. A d19b exploded and the MBR (not allied, not owned by the same race as the GD ship) survived undamaged.

AFAIK it does not matter if some friendly codes are matching or if I was not my race that triggered the GD.

Any ideas?
If I would know how that happened it would be very very funny for all cloakers and not so funny for the Klingons.

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Vertigo

Post#2 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Is it possible the GD was over a Starbase set to FORCE SURRENDER & friendly code trg or pop?

Did the MBR tow the GD, which was empty on fuel?
Does this look infected to you?

Klauser

Re: MBRs surviving a glory device explosion!?

Post#3 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Mika wrote:Ahoy!

The subject says all. In one of my games that happened. A d19b exploded and the MBR (not allied, not owned by the same race as the GD ship) survived undamaged.

AFAIK it does not matter if some friendly codes are matching or if I was not my race that triggered the GD.

Any ideas?
If I would know how that happened it would be very very funny for all cloakers and not so funny for the Klingons.

Mika
Totally undamaged? Hmmm ... under normal circumstances that's not supposed to happen.

Can you give me any more details? Who was the oner of the D19 - Klingon or other race. Who owned the MBR? Can you describe what else was present at the detonation point - planet? starbase?

Is this a standard THost game?

It may be one of those odd situations like Vertigo mentions above ...
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:15 pm

Yes details please.
Regards,
][avok

Mika

Post#5 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:27 pm

ok, I'll show my cards

It is No Frils XXVII
I'm playing the privs and I arrived at a Klingon planet. I can not know what else happened there but can tell you that there were two d19bs of which one exploded. And there were three Vickies and one Deth Specula. I can't say if there were more cloaked ships. And of course there was my MBR. No supplies on board and totally undamaged. It is a thost game with E/S Bonus (that should not affect the minehit damage) 50%.

The strange thing is that if any other race triggered the GD that my MBR should be damaged too. Of course there was never an alliance between the Klingons and Privs. The next strange thing is that if a third race with a cloaked ship and PE Klingons would be there they would fight the other ships too but nothing happened.

I was really surprised when I saw that GD and then found out that my MBR is still alive - undamaged - cloaked!

I think I still have the RST if someone wants to have a more detailed look at this whole thing.

Mika, the Privateer
...unimpressed by GD ships
Oderint dum metuant.

Shardin5

Post#6 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Did you recieve a glory ship explosion notice in your messages?

Glory device!
We have been hit by
Level 6 shockwave!

Deth Specula? Maybe Birds in the area, attacked D19, and was captured by a Vicky? Need to know if you recieved a Glory device message
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

hennef

Post#7 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm

but sometimes strange things just happen. as an anni not attacking a planet even with the right PE set. maybe this is just one of those strange accidents that tend to happen from time to time?
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#8 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:39 pm

no glory device message IIRC, have to watch that again.
But what other thing can kill a ship and leave all others unharmed?
Oderint dum metuant.

hennef

Post#9 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:45 pm

BATTLE!
just plain and simple battle.

imagine an other cloaker in the area and the d19 set to the right PE, but not to trg. cloaker kills the d19 and then gets captured.

something like that
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#10 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:51 pm

hennef wrote:BATTLE!

imagine an other cloaker in the area and the d19 set to the right PE, but not to trg. cloaker kills the d19 and then gets captured.

something like that
And why does that cloaker attack just one D19b but not all the other ships? All other ships should fight too if there is a cloaker orbitting that planet. And if it gets captured it must have at least 1% damage. And as we all know damaged ships are visible.

The only solution I could think of is a cloaker with a friendly code of DDD... just one popper set to "trg" and all others were left to DDD. Then the cloaker would just attack the one ship that does not match the friendly code and will cloak again after the target was destroyed.

But this is a very strange and unlikely situation.
Oderint dum metuant.

Shardin5

Post#11 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Look through your messages since you have the rst,
and if you didn't get the we were hit by a Glory device,
More than likely the Romulans Attacked, or somebody else did
with that Deth Specula. The Deth destroyed the one D19, probably saw it and did a Intercept on it, and was captured by one of the Vicky's. Look for more Bird ships in the area, or in your case Linger and watch.
President Ronald Reagan

Mika

Post#12 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:32 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Look through your messages since you have the rst,
with that Deth Specula. The Deth destroyed the one D19, probably saw it and did a Intercept on it, and was captured by one of the Vicky's. Look for more Bird ships in the area, or in your case Linger and watch.
There are ONLY Klingon ships. The Deth Specula is also a Klingon ship. And for some strange reason I can't find my old rst now...

that's like spotting an UFO object... you can swear you made a picture with your camera but there is nothing. [x-files-theme playing]
Oderint dum metuant.

hennef

Post#13 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:46 pm

Mika wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:Look through your messages since you have the rst,
There are ONLY Klingon ships. The Deth Specula is also a Klingon ship. And for some strange reason I can't find my old rst now...

that's like spotting an UFO object... you can swear you made a picture with your camera but there is nothing. [x-files-theme playing]
of course.......

maybe you did not saw the explosion of another ship?

or maybe your game features ships being hit by asteroids?

or the thing hit a mine?

or your mbr scared it to death?

or all the other ships have zero fuel?
have fun!

hennef

Raven2

Post#14 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Mika wrote:
hennef wrote:BATTLE!

something like that
And why does that cloaker attack just one D19b but not all the other ships? All other ships should fight too if there is a cloaker orbitting that planet. And if it gets captured it must have at least 1% damage. And as we all know damaged ships are visible.

The only solution I could think of is a cloaker with a friendly code of DDD... just one popper set to "trg" and all others were left to DDD. Then the cloaker would just attack the one ship that does not match the friendly code and will cloak again after the target was destroyed.

But this is a very strange and unlikely situation.
The cloaker could have been set to cloak-intercept the D19b.

Also, damaged cloaking ships are not always visible. It depends on the damage-prevents-cloak sttings in HCONFIG. For example, if damage-prevents-cloak is set to 25%, then a ship can be 24% damaged and still cloak.

Poppers are cool, but they're far from foolproof. It takes planning to make them have the desired effect. If a popper is operating alone, a cloaking race can always decloak and and fight it in normal combat to avoid setting off the 'trg' command.
>>> Raven <<<

Shardin5

Post#15 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Was the Deth Specula a Klingon ship the turn before? Or do you know for sure it has always been a Klingon ship? As it will show up as a Klingon ship the turn it is captured in Battle and you would have no Idea who owned before. Find the old RST to check for the Glory message. No Glory message NO Glory Explosion
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Intel”