Structure of client and host files

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

anubis

Structure of client and host files

Post by anubis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:26 am

Does anyone know of a mapping of all the client and host files? I have a couple of addons that I have mapped out, but rather than a ton of trial and error, I am hoping that someone already has the structures.

A web search gave me some basic information (like the structure of SHip??.dat) but there are a lot of holes (for example, how and where the checksums are stored, what I can do without the Tim Continium coming, etc.

Does that information exist?

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Structure of client and host files

Post by Havok » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am

anubis wrote:Does anyone know of a mapping of all the client and host files? I have a couple of addons that I have mapped out, but rather than a ton of trial and error, I am hoping that someone already has the structures.

A web search gave me some basic information (like the structure of SHip??.dat) but there are a lot of holes (for example, how and where the checksums are stored, what I can do without the Tim Continium coming, etc.

I'd suggest you talk to Stefan Reuther. He can probably provide you what you're looking for.

http://phost.de/~stefan/vgapage.html
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post by warpedboard » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:29 pm

anubis wrote:Does anyone know of a mapping of all the client and host files? I have a couple of addons that I have mapped out, but rather than a ton of trial and error, I am hoping that someone already has the structures.

PM me w/ your email & I can give you what I used for the AoA addon; found a listing of file structures & a C++ library that simplifies the file handling.

anubis

Post by anubis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 pm

warpedboard wrote:

PM me w/ your email & I can give you what I used for the AoA addon; found a listing of file structures & a C++ library that simplifies the file handling.
My email is posted here, rtutter@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Havok
Site Admin

Post by Havok » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:17 pm

warpedboard wrote:

I should have thought of you Rich. Sorry man.
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post by warpedboard » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Havok wrote:
warpedboard wrote:

I should have thought of you Rich. Sorry man.
N/P, just glad I could help out... although every person I help makes it that much more work I'll have to do to get ahead of the pack for next scenario contest, dagnabbit!

Return to “Intel”