Experience - more than Ion storms???

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Experience - more than Ion storms???

Post#1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:00 pm

I see there is a "crew experience" box in the battle sim tool of Echoview. I didn't think experience influenced battle, only surviving Ion storms. Am I wrong about that?

Giving one ship a high experience rating doesn't seem to make any difference to the sims.

Is there any way to determine a ship's experience?

Cheers

Jim
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

B A N E

Post#2 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm

The crew exp in EV I suspect is relative to Phost's experience.

In TimHost, exp only affects ionstorm survivability of a ship.

Phost4, wow...lots of potential.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

warpedboard

Post#3 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:41 pm

B A N E wrote:The crew exp in EV I suspect is relative to Phost's experience.

In TimHost, exp only affects ionstorm survivability of a ship.

Phost4, wow...lots of potential.
Yep, not of much use in THost (more's the pity!), with the exception of some addons (<cough>BSG</cough>). What we really need is a v3 THost that:
1) Uses experience in more ways
2) Allows fleet combat
3) Allows > 500 ships
4) Allows multiple players of the same race

Yes, yes, I know -- it's called PHost. I'm just dreaming of a day when I can have it all, okay?

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:07 pm

Yep - I keep looking at the Plist Klingon ships and drooling, but keep getting put off by what seems to be a lot of fiddley stuff to learn about how Phost works. At this point I just want to play and have fun. But the things you describe - yep - I'd like that in Thost too.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Yep - I keep looking at the Plist Klingon ships and drooling, but keep getting put off by what seems to be a lot of fiddley stuff to learn about how Phost works. At this point I just want to play and have fun. But the things you describe - yep - I'd like that in Thost too.
Maybe you'll want to play in the Maelstrom game when I get off my lazy rump and get it going.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”