Q - the mighty one

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

Q - the mighty one

Post#1 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:58 am

It is so funny. I knew the Q is cheating and I knew that they generate fuel like a cobol. But what I didn't know is that Q ships even get fuel when they get towed!

I robbed a ship in deep space. Next turn my fuel tank was not full so the only correct assumption is that there is not more fuel. I set that ship to tow and thought I would capture the ship but what happens? Sure - a fight!

Interesting, eh?
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Cherek

Post#2 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:45 am

You have to remember, it got the fuel same turn you towed it, since you robbed it a noticed that your tanks weren't full and the next turn you tried to tow it.

In the future, send two ships to a Q control ship, one to rob it again of the same turn you're going to tow it. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#3 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:10 am

no, mika is right here. it will get fuel ANYTIME it move any number of ly. even if it was robbed just that turn. so you have to tow-cap the ship WITHOUT MOVING it. i had to deal with that situation in my very first game on last domain. i needed some time to figure it out. but once i did, the robots were all mine. ALL MINE!!! MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
have fun!

hennef

B A N E

I hate Q

Post#4 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:26 am

:bang: Q :fighting20:
:bang: :fighting18:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Mika

Post#5 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:53 am

and even more interesting:
I robbed the ship and the following turn the mass did not change.

I can not explain that. I robbed the ship and STAYED there. So if there would have been any fuel left the ship would have attacked me one turn earlier. And in the turn I towed it the ship did not increase its mass. So where did that fuel come from?

Damn Q! As if it would be easy to defeat the Feds as Priv... and finally, when I did it I get a cplayer that gets fuel from nowhere. :evil:
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Cherek

Post#6 » Sun May 13, 2007 10:21 am

hennef wrote:so you have to tow-cap the ship WITHOUT MOVING it.
I for did forget to mention that. I was still drinking my first cup of coffee when I answered that.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#7 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:00 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:so you have to tow-cap the ship WITHOUT MOVING it.
I for did forget to mention that. I was still drinking my first cup of coffee when I answered that.
np, i will drink my late second can now ;)

:coffee:
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Intel”