I need a suggestion for my Pirates

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

primed

I need a suggestion for my Pirates

Post#1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:04 pm

New game, turn 2, Homeworld add-on (not this site).
I see cheesy warp 6 beginner freighters for both Robots and Fascists so I know where their HW is.

What can I do to take it early game?

I was thinking some dwarfstars to reduce the fighters but so many of my cloaking ships are low mass. If I send some cloakers plus a Bloodfang they'll see it coming.

Makes me wish I had a Resolute/Darkwing combo.

Burnerboy

Post#2 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Send a couple of Meteors over and pick off the freighters for fun. :twisted: Don't know how a Pirate can take a homeworld early, unless he builds something you can steal, then turn against him. :wink:

Ron

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Are you sure the two races that have ships in the open aren't being played by a computer player?
Regards,
][avok

lord vinny

Post#4 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:07 pm

i had something like this happen to me and a ally in another game...pirates hit my ally-the feds-early and hard...and came after me too...at the start they didnt have much but were able to keep both of us from getting that first good start going(and gained alot of freighters from it)...and they ended up wining in the end because of it...

if they are human players and they are just frolicking about in open space without a care..they probably are newer players and it should be even easier(especially the faschist)...rob the bots blind!..they might try to mine thier area but wont be able to keep it up if they cant expand...and faschist can use poppers to safegaurd some..but if u can make the effort to set up shop near both and get a sb near both and stop most of thier expansion attempts...then u should be able to wipe them both out later on once u do steal something good...

i learned this the hard way and im better at dealing with pirates because of it...but hit early on its devestating and really pisses u the $%*$R! off...but ive never played the pirates myself...so mabey a good pirate leader here can help u out more...

happy hunting :firedevil:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Douglas Jew

Re: I need a suggestion for my Pirates

Post#5 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:08 pm

primed wrote:New game, turn 2, Homeworld add-on (not this site).
I see cheesy warp 6 beginner freighters for both Robots and Fascists so I know where their HW is.

What can I do to take it early game?

I was thinking some dwarfstars to reduce the fighters but so many of my cloaking ships are low mass. If I send some cloakers plus a Bloodfang they'll see it coming.

Makes me wish I had a Resolute/Darkwing combo.

Since all HWs start with 20 fighters, you need to send three BR4s with lasers and back them up with three MBRs with mk8 torps. You may need a MBR with mk8 torps to take out any ships that could fight the BR4s... set its friendly code to go first. There you have the perfect first strike initiative. Enjoy.

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:21 am

Burnerboy wrote:Send a couple of Meteors over and pick off the freighters for fun. :twisted: Don't know how a Pirate can take a homeworld early, unless he builds something you can steal, then turn against him. :wink:

Ron
Or - rather than pick off the freighters (probably SDSFs - not worth much) head to the homeworld with 2 or 3 MCBRs and wait for something worth robbing. Use two to rob, one to tow. Then go back and do it again. And again. It's the gift that keeps on giving.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Intel”