Queue Stuffing / Slot Hording

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Post#31 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Douglas Jew wrote:And now I can also understand why Havok activates 5 ion storms in most games. Junk ships just get cleaned up rapidly once those storms sweep through an empire.
As I understand it, ships docked at a planet are shielded from the effects of an ion storm, and most QS players would house the junk ships at a planet....

Douglas Jew

Post#32 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 pm

I seem to recall my orbitting ships being pulled out into the class 5 storms. But I am not absolutely certain since I tend to move out their way rather than wait them out.

Gilgamesh

Post#33 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm certain I've been dragged off of planetary orbit by storms. I was the Fed and suddenly I had a few busted-ass ships out in space (a couple of Lokis if I remember correctly). Great way to let everyone know where you are. I've paid close attention to ion storms since then, especially as a Klingon.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#34 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 pm

A Class 4 and class 5 Ion storms will drag a ship along with it, to include off of a planet. BTW, the ship will be dragged at 75% of the speed of the storm. In the past, I've had a bunch of ships dragged off of a planet.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

lord vinny

Post#35 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:28 pm

ive been hit by bad storms before too...ships blown off planet and damaged or destroyed...ive also had ships blown off course ahead of the storm...i tried to just skirt a storm to re-fuel a ship but it got pushed out ahead of the storm...

but im always happy to see an enemys ship get pummeled by a bad storm.. :twisted:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Gilgamesh

Post#36 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:42 pm

That fed game - I had a bunch of lame ducks waiting their turn for super refit and the storm blew right over top of my base. It took a while to clean that mess up.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Douglas Jew

Post#37 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:19 pm

Well I have now seen first hand the problems with this tactic. In NF39 the 'borg (and Lizards?) locked us all out around turn 25. For almost thirty turns now we have all just sat around watching the 'borg machine crush the Feds and then turned on the CoM. During that time, we have lost at least five players (EE dropped twice).

Now that the Lizards have quit, there is nobody left who can oppose the 'borg Biocides effectively.

And yet in the Black Lodge game, which seems to be full of veterans, nobody seems to be trying to jam up the ship slots...

DaYwalker

Post#38 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:49 pm

hum to no frills 39 - the lizard stuffed the game with small hissers ok .... but I did not stuff this game with building useless ships! I rule that game just because of the number of large freighters! It is a well known tactic to ship these fleets around with fireclouds. While you were shipping around your clans, I was conquering the cluster with probes and built starbases to build a lot of cubes and fireclouds. I got the economy running, you did not - please do not call me a cheater or blocker or whatever.

(to your war story - the fed broke the border line and the com attacked me! I never entered his space and it is his fault to loose ships in stupid 1 virgo vs 5 bios situations or attacking with cobol without tubes and only x-rays).

So much for your first hand information :evil:

B A N E

Post#39 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Regarding stuffing and NF39,

Looking at the ITAScore (w/o seeing Timscore) the Borg player has
2x the score of the next player. That usually indicates a significant
military advantage.

Where queue stuffing becomes obvious is when a player has a high
number of ships (whether freighter or warship) but has a relatively
low Ascore/ITAScore.

If the player has a high timscore and a high alternative score, it is
often indicative of a strong economy.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Vertigo

Post#40 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:58 pm

Sorry for the intrusion into this game, as I am not playing in it

Q STUFFING IS PART OF THE GAME

If you don't know how to do it, or combat it, yha don't know how to play the game
Does this look infected to you?

B A N E

Post#41 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Douglas Jew wrote: And yet in the Black Lodge game, which seems to be full of veterans, nobody seems to be trying to jam up the ship slots...
Black Lodge is proving to be a different animal.

With the arrival of the Lurkers, it looks like there are a number of
ships going boom.

With the potential of the "as of yet unseen" Crystalline Entity, thing
may play out differently.

Exploremap often slows development down because the HYP races are
hindered by blind jumps. The other races often have to expose ships
into open space looking for more planets.

With EE & Fascist being played by Spacelord, the ships slots will get
picked by them but usually not as fast as a top player.

I am finding Black Lodge to be an interesting game that later on when
the outcome of the game is decided I shall spin my tale.

:twisted:
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

B A N E

Post#42 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Vertigo wrote:Sorry for the intrusion into this game, as I am not playing in it

If you don't know how to do it, or combat it, yha don't know how to play the game
I would counter such a conclusion with:
"If you rely on Queue Stuffing, you don't know how to play the game."

I know how to do it.
I know how to combat it.
I see no need to do it and recognize it as an indicator of inferior play.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Douglas Jew

Post#43 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm

DaYwalker wrote:but I did not stuff this game with building useless ships! I rule that game just because of the number of large freighters! It is a well known tactic to ship these fleets around with fireclouds. While you were shipping around your clans, I was conquering the cluster with probes and built starbases to build a lot of cubes and fireclouds. I got the economy running, you did not - please do not call me a cheater or blocker or whatever.

So much for your first hand information :evil:
Obviously I was wrong. Your neighbours saw all these STF/LDSF ships being chunnelled about and did nothing about it. How completely trusting of them.

I was in orbit with one of your B200s a long time ago, but I was dealing with three enemy races at that time so I ignored it. My ship had a higher priority than to let you know you were invading my turf. That was a mistake on my part.

And I tend to believe the Fed reports on past events more than I trust yours. Let's just say that I was in the area when that first Nova was killed.

hennef

Post#44 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:32 pm

B A N E wrote:
Vertigo wrote:Sorry for the intrusion into this game, as I am not playing in it

I would counter such a conclusion with:
"If you rely on Queue Stuffing, you don't know how to play the game."

I know how to do it.
I know how to combat it.
I see no need to do it and recognize it as an indicator of inferior play.
pffff, just another tactic used - you can never tell, if it might come in handy or not. when you have some lucky players gone lucky with starting-planets , being able to build bases fast, they can fill up the ship-slots and leave the rest behind....

in a normal game, you can not Q-ban the others from the game unless they refuse to build a ship on every base every turn... which you should do! ALWAYS!!!

in fact you should always have most planets, most bases and most ships - ALWAYS!!!
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#45 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:40 pm

B A N E wrote:
Douglas Jew wrote: And yet in the Black Lodge game, which seems to be full of veterans, nobody seems to be trying to jam up the ship slots...
Black Lodge is proving to be a different animal.

With the arrival of the Lurkers, it looks like there are a number of
ships going boom.

With the potential of the "as of yet unseen" Crystalline Entity, thing
may play out differently.

Exploremap often slows development down because the HYP races are
hindered by blind jumps. The other races often have to expose ships
into open space looking for more planets.

With EE & Fascist being played by Spacelord, the ships slots will get
picked by them but usually not as fast as a top player.

I am finding Black Lodge to be an interesting game that later on when
the outcome of the game is decided I shall spin my tale.

:twisted:
I'm recording it with Daily Planet too.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”