Warp Zero ship movement

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Douglas Jew

Post#16 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:41 pm

It is a very heavy Virgo that has been sweeping away all my minefields. He has quite a few cloakers.

Six_Of_One

Post#17 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:05 am

Vertigo wrote:It's a Klingon Duck Blind

Can be pulled off by any race with a cloaker
but I've only used as the Klingons

Who is the opponent
details please
Well now you have opened your mouth, more info please :lol:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Hawkeye

Post#18 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Vertigo wrote:It's a Klingon Duck Blind

Can be pulled off by any race with a cloaker
but I've only used as the Klingons
Okay, I'll bite. What's the deal? And if it can be pulled off by any race with a cloaker, why is it called a Klingon Duck Blind? :-k

Vertigo

Post#19 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:57 pm

A virgo huh?
interesting, I can think of numerous reasons he would be doing this, but it would only be speculation

The Klingon Duck Blind is a tactic developed for the Klingon's to combat the Privateers. Yha load up a freighter with clan & send it into space with a heading towards a planet 3 to 4 turns away (of course you have strong reason to belive the Privs are on your arse). It is shadowed by cloaked D7's. The Freighter moves ~81LY & runs out of feul (hence the warp 0). The Privs do a cloaked intercept, but there is no feul so the Freighter does not fight. The cloaked D7's have a Priv PE so they fight with thier 4 M7's torps (careful not to have too many torps on board) & Disruptors. Wella, captured MBR. You have to transfer clan to the D7 or jetison clan to simulate feul consumption& of coarse feul from the d7 to the freighter each turn. The Privs believe warp 0 is a glitch, if they notice the warp speed at all. If you pull this off, the Privs never cloak intercept another on of your freighters, allowing you to move freghters full of clan to ground attack his planets. He is left with stealing the freighters after the ground assault occurs. This is countered with the shadowing D7's laying minefields

In your situation all that can be determined is the Virgo is shadowed by cloakers, & he does not want the Virgo to fight.

Why?

He plans to tow the intercepting ships somewhere with the cloakers? Does he have Fireclouds? If so, he will tow the intercepting ships to the firecloads, chunnel them to his Capital ships where you will have no shields. There are soooo many scenarios to use a derivative of the KDB it boggles the mind. I spent 3 years playing nothing but the Klingons.Never won, but it made me a much better player
Does this look infected to you?

Six_Of_One

Post#20 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 am

The chunnel bit is iffy, to chunnel an enemy race they must be cloaked, out of fuel , warp set to zero or have FC set to id of chunneling firecloud.

One thing inexperienced Borg players do is chunnel their fleet into battle and pay the price of no shields :(

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Douglas Jew

Post#21 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:18 am

Vertigo wrote:A virgo huh?
interesting, I can think of numerous reasons he would be doing this, but it would only be speculation

In your situation all that can be determined is the Virgo is shadowed by cloakers, & he does not want the Virgo to fight.

Why?

He plans to tow the intercepting ships somewhere with the cloakers? Does he have Fireclouds? If so, he will tow the intercepting ships to the firecloads, chunnel them to his Capital ships where you will have no shields. There are soooo many scenarios to use a derivative of the KDB it boggles the mind. I spent 3 years playing nothing but the Klingons.Never won, but it made me a much better player
Okay, thanks for the info.

I am playing the Pirates against him. He knows that his ship is headed in the direction of my main base. I know that he has several D7s but it is very unlikely he has any Fireclouds since he is at war with the 'borg. It is a single Virgo and there was a VAST amount of open space between the nearest planet and his ship. If he is planning to use the 'borg chunnel trick, would he not have to have a Fireclown ghosting his Virgo, at least on the other side of the sphere rift? My Virgos on that side can't see one. I also know that he is desperate to get his hands on my MBRs since his empire is huge and covers about 45% of the sphere.

I guess he is trying to get a "fueless" Virgo over to my base and then kill it without having to fight all the ships in orbit first.

But would it have not been a smarter tactic to just send 10 fully loaded Virgos in to wipe out all my bases? With that many carriers, it would be impossible to rob them even if you had all your MBRs cloaked and waiting at the first base. And they would just keep refueling at each captured base, so you could never more than one or two Virgos before losing all your bases.

Six_Of_One

Post#22 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:04 am

Nope,
If you can get a cloaker to the same point as the virgo, tow it away to an awaiting trap of cloaked mbrs....... rob the virgo of fuel, capture it and send it back at him.

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Vertigo

Post#23 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:The chunnel bit is iffy, to chunnel an enemy race they must be cloaked, out of fuel , warp set to zero or have FC set to id of chunneling firecloud.

One thing inexperienced Borg players do is chunnel their fleet into battle and pay the price of no shields :(
If you tow an enemy ship to a Firecloud opening a chunnel, what is the warp of the ship being towed when it arrives at the Firecloud? Yup, 0 !

I was actually accused of cheating by altering my rst to make my Fireclouds cloak in a game on RCWorld. I got a good laugh from that one.

I have actually performed the cloaked chunnel in an on going game on this host, The Bell Tolls For Thee 2. I was prompty called nob afterwards. I towed a Borg cube through a chunnel to 4 waiting Lady Royales. I lost the destination firecloud as it still had its 50kt of feul. But the towing MBR was saved as it did not meet any criterea to chunnel.

Vertigo

Post#24 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:Nope,
If you can get a cloaker to the same point as the virgo, tow it away to an awaiting trap of cloaked mbrs....... rob the virgo of fuel, capture it and send it back at him.
How do you get a cloaker to the same point in space without intercepting?
Guessing x,y coordinates? might work

Vertigo

Post#25 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:45 pm

Douglas Jew wrote:

Why?

Okay, thanks for the info.

I am playing the Pirates against him. He knows that his ship is headed in the direction of my main base. I know that he has several D7s but it is very unlikely he has any Fireclouds since he is at war with the 'borg. It is a single Virgo and there was a VAST amount of open space between the nearest planet and his ship. If he is planning to use the 'borg chunnel trick, would he not have to have a Fireclown ghosting his Virgo, at least on the other side of the sphere rift? My Virgos on that side can't see one. I also know that he is desperate to get his hands on my MBRs since his empire is huge and covers about 45% of the sphere.

I guess he is trying to get a "fueless" Virgo over to my base and then kill it without having to fight all the ships in orbit first.

But would it have not been a smarter tactic to just send 10 fully loaded Virgos in to wipe out all my bases? With that many carriers, it would be impossible to rob them even if you had all your MBRs cloaked and waiting at the first base. And they would just keep refueling at each captured base, so you could never more than one or two Virgos before losing all your bases.
So your opponent is the CoM?
So minefields are useless as he is sweeping them with fighters
Do you have Fireclouds?
He arrives at a planet with Warp 0 you can chunnel the Virgo & shadowing Cloakers away

Really nice if you can position the destination Firecloud on another enemies doorstep.
Let someone else deal with those Virgos

Six_Of_One

Post#26 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 am

Misread/interpreted your post.... when you said tows the intercepting ships to the fireclouds.....

It was the plurals that made me think of one turn, not many :oops:

And yup, if you can guess where he's gonna be, might take several mbrs, but eventually everyone makes a mistake.

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Vertigo

Post#27 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Heh, I love Fireclouds when playing cloaking races
Just chunneled a sweet arse Golem to waiting Lady Royales
3 Golems & an Instrumentality stolen in less than 10 turns
Surprised the Bots are not bitching

the.Ant

Post#28 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:24 am

Vertigo wrote:
If you are using a proper client (e.g. JVC), you should have an option to set a waypoint to the estimated position of a ship next turn. Doesn't work of course if he is changing his direction, but far more reliable than guessing...

Douglas Jew

Post#29 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:49 am

the.Ant wrote:
Vertigo wrote:
If you are using a proper client (e.g. JVC), you should have an option to set a waypoint to the estimated position of a ship next turn. Doesn't work of course if he is changing his direction, but far more reliable than guessing...
I think that is why he keeps moving at warp 0. It keeps everyone in the dark as to where he will be headed next.

Douglas Jew

Post#30 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:56 am

Vertigo wrote:
Douglas Jew wrote:

Why?

So your opponent is the CoM?
So minefields are useless as he is sweeping them with fighters
Do you have Fireclouds?
He arrives at a planet with Warp 0 you can chunnel the Virgo & shadowing Cloakers away

Really nice if you can position the destination Firecloud on another enemies doorstep.
Let someone else deal with those Virgos
I wish I had Fireclowns, but even if I did, the CoM are allied with everyone else except the 'borg. And he was in the process of wiping out the last of the 'borg fleet when I decided to attack the CoM. So I would have nowhere to chunnel those Virgos. It's a nice thought, if you have Fireclowns to spare...

Return to “Intel”