Taxing

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Post#16 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 am

Six_Of_One wrote:Asif the majority of aussies care about rugby :roll:
Our national game is AFL :wink:
Rugby League is very popular here. Only someone in Victoria would consider what is essentially a local game to them, a national sport. :P I think Cricket would give AFL a run for it's money, and if TV ratings are anything to go by League is in front there.

I find AFL entertaining, when there is no Rugby League or Union to watch. I prefer to watch a game with more international involvement :wink:

AFL (Australian Rules Football) is not unlike Baseball. Its wonderful to be the winners at the end of the season but you can't really call yourselves the best in the world when no other country is invited to play..... 8)
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Six_Of_One

Post#17 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 am

Hmm let me see Fletch, there are teams in Vic, SA, WA, NSW and QLD.
I aint a Vic, i follow the swans (NSW) there are 16 teams nation wide, its played in more states then Rugby, they get nearly 100,000 to their grand final, more than twice your rugby crowd.

They dont claim to be world champs, just the best in Aust, its the aussie national game, we didnt steal it/copy it from any other nation.

More entertaining than watching one man try to push two mens heads up three mens asses :shock:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

FLETCH

Post#18 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 am

:D I knew I'd get a bite.....

I actually follow the AFL as well. I am also a Swans supporter.

The info about the TV ratings is accurate though, Rugby League consistanly got better ratings this past season.

I find most Victorians don't realise there is actually a difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union.

Most don't care.
FLETCH

Six_Of_One

Post#19 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 am

And ya got a bite from a pom, deported to Oz when just a babe in arms and brought up in South Oz.

If the good lady wife wasnt living in vic, nor would i be :P

1 yes i know there are 2 types, but i dont care enuff to tell the diff
2 get bored with nil all draws in soccer (english football)
3 test cricket is like a sleeping potion
4 gridiron, (american football) is like rugby with protective padding, and more players than ya can poke a stick at per side :roll:

/sings.... up there cazaly........................
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

FLETCH

Post#20 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:01 am

And AFL is set up for those who like big scores. The higher the score, the better the game was. If that is the case then this year's grand final was brilliant. Others might have called it disappointingly one sided...

There are not too many games that have goals for you to aim at, and then an extra set of posts set wider so you still get a point if you miss....
FLETCH

Return to “Intel”