CLOAK BUSTER

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Vodenkugels

CLOAK BUSTER

Post#1 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:28 am

Isn't there a command to burn like 10 defences in order to de-cloak any trash hanging around one of my planets. Anybody have any input??

P.S. how do i get my VGA 'motto' below as my subscript to messages

Practice hard/fight easy and WIN
Practice easy/fight hard and DIE

Cherek

Re: CLOAK BUSTER

Post#2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:58 am

Vodenkugels wrote:P.S. how do i get my VGA 'motto' below as my subscript to messages

Go to your profile and at the botton you'll see a section called "Signature" that is where you'll add "motto" to all your messages.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Douglas Jew

Post#3 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:05 am

Vodenkugels wrote:Isn't there a command to burn like 10 defences in order to de-cloak any trash hanging around one of my planets. Anybody have any input??

That is something that randomly happens when you have at least 10 defense post and the Romulans are using their SuperSpy mission on your planets. There is no way to uncloak hidden ships unless their cloaking devices fails (host setting), an ion storm wanders into your area or a Loki shows up (only certain races uncloak).

Cherek

Post#4 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:11 am

Vodenkugels wrote:Isn't there a command to burn like 10 defences in order to de-cloak any trash hanging around one of my planets. Anybody have any input??
I think this is what your thinking about, from Donovan's:

For Super Spy Deluxe
Ion Pulse
If a planet detects that it is a victim of a super spy deluxe mission and it has more than 30 defense outposts, it can burn 10 of the defense outposts to emit an ionic pulse that will uncloak all cloaked ships in orbit. A planet has a 20% chance of pulling this off when it is the victim of a super spy mission. If the Birdmen attempt to change a planet's friendly code into a universal minefield friendly code of "mfX" (where X can be anything) the planet will always emit an ionic pulse, if it has more than 30 defenseposts.

Note: Next to their Super Spy Deluxe the Birdmen have their normal Superspy. This mission gives them extended information about the planet they are orbiting. A typical Superspy message comes in two messages: one normal exploration message which is always sent, regardless of the mission, and a superspy message.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am

Douglas Jew wrote:

That is something that randomly happens when you have at least 10 defense post and the Romulans are using their SuperSpy mission on your planets. There is no way to uncloak hidden ships unless their cloaking devices fails (host setting), an ion storm wanders into your area or a Loki shows up (only certain races uncloak).
Or a third party addon that has the feature. I think Tachyon by Dan & Dave may have a feature like that.
Regards,
][avok

Vodenkugels

Post#6 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Donovans is what I'm referring to. So I guess I'll have to just Blow 'em up.
These forums are great and thanks for all the clever things I've learned as well as had answered. Hopefully I'll start moving up the ranks soon.
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:Donovans is what I'm referring to. So I guess I'll have to just Blow 'em up.
These forums are great and thanks for all the clever things I've learned as well as had answered. Hopefully I'll start moving up the ranks soon.
You'll find CM is one of the most active VGAP forums on the net. Welcome to the site.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#8 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm

I knew I like the forums for some reason. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

lord vinny

Post#9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Douglas Jew wrote:

thought id add couple cents into the pot also...
its a very good idea to read all the strategy guides for whatever race your playing...both on here and at donovans website...ive learned alot from reading them...and dont try playing 5 different races at once...try out one or two at first anb get the hang of them before u go to another.....course the more pratice u get in games the better your gonna be...but be careful..this game is highly addictive :D
now as for pesty cloakers there are several deterrants depending on what race your playing...aside from federation or lizard loki and ion storms; the faschist "poppers" d19b and saber class ships can detect cloakers and will explode when they come in contact with one(if set right)... minefields usually help alot too...and the crystals web mines are even better...but it isnt always easy to fight a cloaking race..

hope that helps ya some...and welcome to the site
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Vodenkugels

Post#10 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm The bots -The game is certainly addictive
I've been playing the bots and facists in a game that seems to just drag-- about 2 weeks between turns.
Mines are the key and then mines... and more mines...
Donovans is to memory and hardcopied
My Fiance thinks I'm possesed....:) the way I plot and replot
GREAT GAME
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Cherek

Post#11 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:40 pm

Alright, we have another one, welcome to VGA Planets. As far as your girlfriend thinking that you are possessed, just tell her it's a phase, I've been going through the VGAP phase for about eleven years now. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#12 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:41 pm

BTW, in case I've forgotten to say it, welcome to C-M. It's a nice place to hang out.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

lord vinny

Post#13 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:I'm The bots -The game is certainly addictive
I've been playing the bots and facists in a game that seems to just drag-- about 2 weeks between turns.
Mines are the key and then mines... and more mines...
Donovans is to memory and hardcopied
My Fiance thinks I'm possesed....:) the way I plot and replot
GREAT GAME
:lol: when i first started playing i just couldnt wait until the next rst came in...and if one was LATE for some reason... :aargh: :crash: [-o< ...id lose it.. :cussing1: :suicide:

after awhile of playing i grew outta that phase, thankfully...but unlike other games ive been hooked on..i dont see any end to playing vgap...
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 pm

I took a 3 year break from it about a year before I launched the site. That's the longest I've gone without playing a game since 91.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#15 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I knew I like the forums for some reason.
yes, yes - but it's IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE QUOTE FEATURE WORKED OUT ADEQUATELY..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Intel”