Page 1 of 4

Player aids.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:09 pm
by akshamu
What player aid or alternative programs such as Echoview do most of you use? Why?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 pm
by B A N E
What: VPA
Why: It does almost everything I want and is a client.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:42 pm
by hennef
JVC and tanascius. JVC is a client and tanascius calculates battles.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:03 pm
by Cherek
*edited*
Client - WinPlan
Ship movement, minefield calulator, ship history - EchoView
Planetary maintenence - Tanascuis
Combat viewer/simulator - PlayVCR

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:56 pm
by warpedboard
VPA client (I made the initially painful switch from WinPlan, but well worth it)
Randmax/RandGen for economy
Echoview for misc. purposes & battle sims
PlayVCR for combat watching
SendTRNPro for mailing
VPMagic to tie it all together

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:43 pm
by Cherek
Thanks WB, I forgot about SendTurn Pro.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:17 pm
by hennef
what is the use of sendturn pro?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:27 pm
by rockford
.
hennef wrote:what is the use of sendturn pro?
.....After clicking 'Make TRN File' Sendturn Pro e-mails your turn file to the Host. No more opening your browser (or whatever e-mail program you use) and attaching your file to an e-mail, Sendturn Pro does it all for you.
.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:23 pm
by Cherek
It really comes in handy when you are in seven or eight games at three or four different sites. No more having to remember what TRN file goes to what site at what email address. One click and your turn is made and emailed to the right host. :D

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 pm
by warpedboard
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:It really comes in handy when you are in seven or eight games at three or four different sites. No more having to remember what TRN file goes to what site at what email address. One click and your turn is made and emailed to the right host. :D
Not only that, but a lesser-known/used feature is that once set up, it can generate the emails necessary to perform pretty much all of Autotroll functions (add allies, resend RST, join game, drop game, etc etc).

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:24 am
by Cherek
Yepper, that can be done from the host page and it works with any host TimHost, PHost and PHcc.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:50 am
by hennef
sounds nice, but at the moment i will stick with two games on this site only... i can manage that myself from time to time ;)

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:43 pm
by Havok
warpedboard wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:It really comes in handy when you are in seven or eight games at three or four different sites. No more having to remember what TRN file goes to what site at what email address. One click and your turn is made and emailed to the right host. :D
Not only that, but a lesser-known/used feature is that once set up, it can generate the emails necessary to perform pretty much all of Autotroll functions (add allies, resend RST, join game, drop game, etc etc).
Yeah I've tried to tell people that sooooooooooooo many times :)

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:34 pm
by Cherek
Just remember, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:45 pm
by rockford
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Just remember, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.
.....Or as Grandma Rockford once said, "if you don't have something nice to say to someone ...don't say anything at all".
.....
.....Then she never spoke to me again.
.....