one quick question

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Shardin5

Post#31 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Annie does have its uses, depending on what time of game. Early on, a Annie can protect you where a Bio is still to expensive to load up for a good fight. I have fought back a Early Gorn assault several times, with a Annie that I couldn't have with a Bio, MK7's can be built anytime.
NOW if the Tholian is nearby, Annies with BIG beams are very useful, I haven't lost a Cube to a Webber yet, I have made a webber cry though, thinking he was about to grab one, but I would rather lose a Annie to the webber than a Bio. I have a nice Ratio that I use personally for Annie's to Bio's, but the Bio's are built in much Larger volumes. As for the Super Deep Frieghter, Borg is the 2nd Race I would build them for, and only 2 races, SuperDSF is great for the Gorn. 2600 cargo for reloading those wonderful LCC's with.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Shardin5

Post#32 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Siberian Snake wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure I would like to play such a game myself. It would be a very painstaking, very long, tiring game... waiting for small mistakes...
Actually, I didn't like play Borgs much for this very reason: very painstaking, time-consuming process, with every mistake costly.

Siberian Snake
Game like that, it would be the 1st player to make a mistake. I think you will find more Pirates out there as they are more fun to play. Borg on the other hand are Tedious, even more so than the Tholian, and most players just stop playing them.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

hennef

Post#33 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Tei wrote:... Fighting the Privateers with any race one needs to mine like hell. Overlap the mines. Make traveling so hazardous that they can't even move around their own space. Make lots of fuel from the supplies and minerals. And wait. Wait for the ion storm to come....
you will never win war against a worthy priv, if you are the borg - NEVER! unless you have plenty of aid from others...
Tei wrote:I really like the Borg. The mobility advantage is what makes them fun. It is a lot of work to organize a successful chunnel net work but rewarding once it is set up. My strategy is to use a hub and spokes for the network. One planet deep inside my space is the hub where fleets of ships bring the supplies and excess minerals and then deliver them where they are needed. One challange is to move assimilated colonists off planets with bad temperatures to more agreeable ones before they die out. Borg is the only race I've found a need for a Super Deep space freighter.

:transformer:
i agree. the mobility is what makes the borg strong. that combined with the assimilation. But building a central hub is soo unborgish! you should decentralize this as well. makes it more difficult for sneaky cloakers to understand your empire. you will just be everywhere ;)

and one more thing: borg are really not nearly as time consuming as the privs. the thing is, you dont need to plot courses and you dont need to care for economy. the good economy is just a side effect and movement is instantaneous or irrelevant :P
have fun!

hennef

crash_harder

Post#34 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:32 am

sorry to hijack my post back but i have another question... i'm at work, can't send my trn in using my main e-mail but i did get gmail set up last night and told this site it was my 2nd e-mail... if i send it in now will it be recognized? do i have to turn it on or anything?? i'm going to send it as soon as i send this so hopefully there will be no issues, but... i hate buts...
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

crash_harder

Post#35 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:46 am

=D>

it worked... i'm not a retard after all...

hennef

Post#36 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:29 am

you should x-ray your turns before sending them, i bet you will find interesting things in there ;)
have fun!

hennef

warpedboard

Post#37 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 am

hennef wrote:you should x-ray your turns before sending them, i bet you will find interesting things in there ;)
Better yet, in the spirit of RL-into-game crossover, put XRays on ALL your ships in all games. That'll help you fight better, since it's familiar technology! :twisted:

Siberian Snake

Post#38 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Several more advices.
- never move clans from your HW - nothing is better than home.
- always move on straight line - it will save fuel.
- if you are Privs - never rob, it is a crime. Attack Biocides with swarms of MBRs, it will work if you have enough ships.
- never build Merlins - they take too much Duranium.
- never lay minefields - it is weapon of cowards.
- always listen to my wise advices.

Siberian Snake

hennef

Post#39 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Siberian Snake wrote:Several more advices.
- never move clans from your HW - nothing is better than home.
- always move on straight line - it will save fuel.
- if you are Privs - never rob, it is a crime. Attack Biocides with swarms of MBRs, it will work if you have enough ships.
- never build Merlins - they take too much Duranium.
- never lay minefields - it is weapon of cowards.
- always listen to my wise advices.

Siberian Snake
yes, its true, we all do play this way..... no lie!
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#40 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:43 pm

:^o
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Gilgamesh

Post#41 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 pm

It is also dishonourable to attack a defenceless freighter, so leave them go unmolested.

Attacking a planet is also dishnourable and a war crime as you are slaughtering innocent families trying to colonize a planet and make it their new home.

Trust us.... :roll:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

crash_harder

Post#42 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 pm

:shock:
O-MY-GOD... all that info was so very helpfull!! i will be sure to follow it down to the letter if the oportunity ever arises... :^o

FLETCH

Post#43 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Also cloaking is BAD. Sneaking is just not nice!
FLETCH

crash_harder

Post#44 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:04 pm

yes, yes... you are corect... i will not cloak, i will not cloak, i will not cloak... also isnt' there a FC i can set to just give my ships away?? i think that would be the smart thing to do, that way i won't be the only one who can travel so far... i wouldn't want that advantage to be only mine!!!

FLETCH

Post#45 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey guys, now he's getting the idea!

You'll fit in here just fine Crash :D
FLETCH

Return to “Intel”