beam down credits

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

crash_harder

beam down credits

Post#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:14 pm

:?: my newness is really showing here... i have credits on the ship, don't own the planet but am sending down colonist's, i don't want to set the fc to bdm so it all goes, i just want to send a little down w/the colonists...

can i do this?? it's not in the transfer que thing when you bean stuff down..

crash
" Nothing is true, everything is permitted "

AngryJohnny

Post#2 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Unfortunately unless you use the 'bdm' FCode you can't beam Mega Credits down until you own the planet. If you use the 'bdm' FCode though it will transfer all the Mega Credits you have on board to the surface.

Try sending ships in pairs but 1 turn apart. The 1st ship has colonists & the send ship has supplies & Mega Credits. This way the ship with colonists & supplies enters orbit the turn you own the planet & you can beam down the amount of Mega Credits you want along with the supplies to start building.

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

crash_harder

Post#3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:51 pm

that makes perfect sense but my problem with that is now i'm doubling up my resourses for the same thing... i don't want 2 ships just following each other around... looks like i really don't have a choice though...

thanks for the help!!!! much appreciated.

crash

B A N E

Post#4 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 pm

Another option is to send more supplies.
The trade off of course is fewer colonists.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Tei

Re: beam down credits

Post#5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:30 pm

crash_harder wrote::?: my newness is really showing here... i have credits on the ship, don't own the planet but am sending down colonist's, i don't want to set the fc to bdm so it all goes, i just want to send a little down w/the colonists...

crash
If this was a Phost game there is an extended mission to beam down however many credits you want.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: beam down credits

Post#6 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:59 pm

crash_harder wrote::?: my newness is really showing here... i have credits on the ship, don't own the planet but am sending down colonist's, i don't want to set the fc to bdm so it all goes, i just want to send a little down w/the colonists...

crash
Nope. Not until you own the planet. If you want to send down partial credits, you have to wait a turn.
Regards,
][avok

crash_harder

Post#7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:02 am

looks like there will be more supplies on my next ships going out...

B A N E

Post#8 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 am

An efficient two ship tactic is having a scout precede a freighter.
The scout drops a single clan and keeps moving outward and
a freighter follows with clans, supplies & cash to populate the
quality planets.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

crash_harder

Post#9 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:16 am

that would work... i still feel like i'm wasting a ship if i do it that way though... it'll be the scout by himself, then when i find the good planets i'll send the big mama jama's in w/the stuff i need... i'm not terribaly worried about distance being the priv's and all...

lots of good ideas though... wouldn't be such a good game if there was only one way to do it...

crash

warpedboard

Post#10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:29 am

crash_harder wrote:that would work... i still feel like i'm wasting a ship if i do it that way though... it'll be the scout by himself, then when i find the good planets i'll send the big mama jama's in w/the stuff i need... i'm not terribaly worried about distance being the priv's and all...

lots of good ideas though... wouldn't be such a good game if there was only one way to do it...

crash
Exactly the idea, and doing it that way isn't really a waste, when you consider the fuel & time you'd waste otherwise blinding flying a large ship around without knowing which planets are actually worth colonizing further.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:38 am

crash_harder wrote:that would work... i still feel like i'm wasting a ship if i do it that way though... it'll be the scout by himself, then when i find the good planets i'll send the big mama jama's in w/the stuff i need... i'm not terribaly worried about distance being the priv's and all...

crash
Don't sweat it. It'll all come back.
Regards,
][avok

Douglas Jew

Post#12 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 am

crash
If you insist on using only one ship, then make that scout ship a Lady Royale. As long as you still have some clans on board, the ship will 'regenerate' some cash even after you have used the 'bdm' Fcode.
And any Pirate who does not start his empire off with several LRs early in the game.... well, good luck to them.

AngryJohnny

Post#13 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 am

I know you're not playing the EE, but I found this Strategy guide to have some great tips that I was able to modify for my race of choice.

http://circus-maximus.com/empire3.htm

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

hennef

Post#14 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:19 pm

ahh, it always pains me that the EE is so troublesome to play. they are obviously one of the coolest "races" in the whole scifi universe 8)

but in planets their MIGHTY ships are just cumbersome useless mediocre butts. The sscruiser is just a bad excuse for the 16km mass of awesomeness it is referring to. And then the EE is struck by the lousy launching bug on several ships. worst on the SSD. they have one mine layer with 80 cargo that will get captured every time and more than half of their ship list is useless. ahh, the poor empire....

of course i love to play them! just because it is even better to win as empire than with every other race ;) :D

cu you all....
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#15 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 pm

hennef wrote:ahh, it always pains me that the EE is so troublesome to play. they are obviously one of the coolest "races" in the whole scifi universe 8)

but in planets their MIGHTY ships are just cumbersome useless mediocre butts. The sscruiser is just a bad excuse for the 16km mass of awesomeness it is referring to. And then the EE is struck by the lousy launching bug on several ships. worst on the SSD. they have one mine layer with 80 cargo that will get captured every time and more than half of their ship list is useless. ahh, the poor empire....

of course i love to play them! just because it is even better to win as empire than with every other race ;) :D

cu you all....
Aren't they improved bit with T-List?
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”