Relaying turns

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Relaying turns

Post#1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Scenario:
Let's imagine an ally is having trouble getting the CircusMaximus host to accept his turn. He asks you to relay his turn to the Host.

Questions:
Presuming ][avok has been notified, what are the potential bad consequences of relaying another's turn? Will the Q-continuum attack? Will you fall into the PHP abyss?
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

warpedboard

Re: Relaying turns

Post#2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:Scenario:
Let's imagine an ally is having trouble getting the CircusMaximus host to accept his turn. He asks you to relay his turn to the Host.

Questions:
Presuming ][avok has been notified, what are the potential bad consequences of relaying another's turn? Will the Q-continuum attack? Will you fall into the PHP abyss?
By "relaying" do you mean he creates the TRN file but for some reason his email doesn't get to C-M, so he sends the file to you to pass along for him?

Havok, correct me if I'm wrong here... it's been a while since I delved into these areas:

If that's the case, nothing bad ingame (Tim Continuum, etc) will happen, because to the host software it's all about the embedded serial #s, not who emailed the turn (in fact, the host program doesn't KNOW how the turn actually got there).
The problem here would be getting AutoTroll to allow you to submit his turn for him. The only way it'll accept someone else's turn from you is if you're allied through AT with that person's race. Note that that's an AUTOTROLL alliance, which is separate from the ingame "ffx/FFx" alliances. It's the kind that causes you to automatically receive your ally's RST each turn.

So, if you have an AT alliance, there should be no problem. If not, the simplest thing to do would be to email Havok or I (as you suggested in your question) explaining the situation & attaching the TRN file, and we can then just place the file into the game's folder manually.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Relaying turns

Post#3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:00 pm

PaladinCyborg wrote:Scenario:

Questions:
Who is the person and are you sure it's not an account I recently banned?
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”