Question Regarding PHost Game Setup:

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

AngryJohnny

Question Regarding PHost Game Setup:

Post#1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked & answered previously, I didn’t see anything on it…

I’ve only ever played 1 PHost game and that was a very very long time ago. I do know that there are some additional features such as a 999 ship limit & 999 mine field limit. I also know that special abilities to ship lists can be enabled, such as the Tachyon on the Iron Slave Class Base Ship while under control of the Robots. What I am wondering is if a game could be created using PHost with the following setup:

Default TimHost Settings
999 Ship Limit
TList

Basically I’m just wondering if a PHost game can be set up to mirror a TimHost game but only with 999 ship limit & using the TList? I’m not requesting the game to be created, as my game load is full (and starting to annoy my wife) I just want to know if it can be done, I may request at some point in the future. Also, were can anyone tell me where I can find the DOC/FAQ for PHost? Thanks in advance guys!

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

B A N E

Post#2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:55 pm

yes
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Cherek

Post#3 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Yes and No.

PHost can mimic a lot of THost actions but not all of them.

There are some function that a different in PHost, i.e. special friendly won't match in combat, there are some Host and combat order differences.

For more info see,

http://phost.de/phost4doc/diffs.html
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Hawkeye

Re: Question Regarding PHost Game Setup:

Post#4 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 pm

AngryJohnny wrote: What I am wondering is if a game could be created using PHost with the following setup:

Default TimHost Settings
999 Ship Limit
TList

Basically I’m just wondering if a PHost game can be set up to mirror a TimHost game but only with 999 ship limit & using the TList?
Might be easier just to run Host999 instead.....

Cherek

Post#5 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:43 pm

I wouldn't say that, but the good thing about ship999 vs PHost, SHip999 would be easier to configure than PHost.

If you do decide to go with PHost with 999 ships, I might be able to play.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

planetmaker

Post#6 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I wouldn't say that, but the good thing about ship999 vs PHost, SHip999 would be easier to configure than PHost.

If you do decide to go with PHost with 999 ships, I might be able to play.
Shouldn't be difficult. PHost comes with four standard config files. One is written in order to mimic thost as closely as possible. Just edit the maximum ship number there and you should be fine.

Cherek

Post#7 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:13 am

Cool :!:

Now if a PList game would start, I'd be happier.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

planetmaker

Post#8 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:40 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Cool :!:

Now, there are two waiting at PS (sorry for the ad, Havok) - one to swim with the sharks (plist100,plist 3.1) and one for those who want to learn to swim before swimming with the sharks (plist99, plist 2.4).

Cherek

Post#9 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 am

planetmaker wrote:

Now, there are two waiting at PS (sorry for the ad, Havok) - one to swim with the sharks (plist100,plist 3.1) and one for those who want to learn to swim before swimming with the sharks (plist99, plist 2.4).
I have jioned PList99 yesterday, but I haven't recieved a conformation message or RST file yet.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

planetmaker

Post#10 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
planetmaker wrote:

I have jioned PList99 yesterday, but I haven't recieved a conformation message or RST file yet.
You don't receive confirmation. You'll receive your first RST along with the game config files when all places are taken. Unfortunately sometimes that might take some time...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I just joined as the Robots. This should be a learning experience for us both Cherek.
Regards,
][avok

Tei

Post#12 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 pm

I'm the Gorn. Again!

We need one more player to start!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#13 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Well the 3 of us will have to watch each others backs with all those strangers out there. :)
Regards,
][avok

Tei

Post#14 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Havok wrote:Well the 3 of us will have to watch each others backs with all those strangers out there. :)
Sounds good, lets hope we have some breathing room!

Return to “Intel”