Score interpretation

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Vodenkugels

Score interpretation

Post#1 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 am

It apears no frills 42 is winding down ( my first adventure)
The guy who had it wrapped has dropped - it appears (borgs)( don't understand that unless he's deathly ill) So he'll not achieve the 100 points to end the game. Again go figure. It'll drag on now 'til the next guy achieves the 100 ( a ways away). We'll all (the remaining few) scramble for the quitters stuff -to up our score. Which brings up several ??
1- When the 100 is reached who wins? the guy who hits 100 or the high score at that point?
2- Is it common for players to just up and quit ( either from frustration /lack of hope/ better things to do??). ?? I mean it is just a game. Where is the passion??

No frills 48 is sending off bad vibes. One player never started the game(too bad because i had a newbie wanting to join). Two playes are about to be booted for lack of response. Again I realize Things come up and it's just A GAME. IT'S ONLY TURN 25.

How about a game ' DIE HARDS - No Frills' And you'd get banned if you didn't finish the thing..........:)

Anyway it is summer and beer drinking weather is upon us. Have a fosty and sit back and scheme--what could be better entertainment.

To tose dedicated players KUDOS -- to the others, well..........there are other sites.
Hopefully this is worded politically correct:)
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Score interpretation

Post#2 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:It apears no frills 42 is winding down ( my first adventure)
The guy who had it wrapped has dropped - it appears (borgs)( don't understand that unless he's deathly ill) So he'll not achieve the 100 points to end the game. Again go figure. It'll drag on now 'til the next guy achieves the 100 ( a ways away). We'll all (the remaining few) scramble for the quitters stuff -to up our score. Which brings up several ??
1- When the 100 is reached who wins? the guy who hits 100 or the high score at that point?
2- Is it common for players to just up and quit ( either from frustration /lack of hope/ better things to do??). ?? I mean it is just a game. Where is the passion??

No frills 48 is sending off bad vibes. One player never started the game(too bad because i had a newbie wanting to join). Two playes are about to be booted for lack of response. Again I realize Things come up and it's just A GAME. IT'S ONLY TURN 25.

How about a game ' DIE HARDS - No Frills' And you'd get banned if you didn't finish the thing..........:)

Anyway it is summer and beer drinking weather is upon us. Have a fosty and sit back and scheme--what could be better entertainment.

To tose dedicated players KUDOS -- to the others, well..........there are other sites.
Hopefully this is worded politically correct:)
Planetary capture points are not the same as accumulated points based on game score which end up figuring into ranking points.

The planetary capture points are what the REF program uses to measure who's got what and how much. That's it. REF isn't a smart program. It can only see that a race has points.

If you look at your in game messages, you'll see a message from REF each turn once someone has captured a homeworld. Once a race gets 100 points, REF sends out a win message.

If the Cyborg player quits or gets dropped, and thats assuming that the Cyborg player is in the lead, I'll award the win to the runner up. I haven't seen the actual REF log at this point...
Regards,
][avok

Vodenkugels

Post#3 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm still a little confused. When someone reaches the 100 points from captured homeworlds. It's over they win? If no one reaches 100 or the leader at whatever time it ceases is not in the game, it's awarded to the next runner up still active? Are the runner ups ranked by their homeworld points or by the ita score? Where does the ita score fit in or is it just a measurement of the games progress? like the winplan score?

sorry for the barb on the dropout rate, but it seams like the type of game that would attract more of the 'diehard ' mentality.

i think when i'm put to the test of 'nothing to win' someone should lookout 'cause i got nuttin' to lose. The role of spoiler works for me:)

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun May 18, 2008 3:24 pm

In this particular game (this game alone) the REF points determine who wins the game. That's because this game is using the Invasion Scenario.

The points from REF are not compatible or transferred to your over all score. They're just ref points. Don't confuse them with any points generated by ITA Score, etc.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#5 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:28 pm

i am confused: it does not seem that robot dropped nf42. i think he will win unless the birds can stop him.... yes, talking about invasion points here.

The nice thing about that scenario is that aggressive thinking will be greatly rewarded. on the down side, you depend much more on the skill of your neighbors.

btw, i like the actual ITA score :D
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Can someone post the current REF message into this thread please.
Regards,
][avok

Vodenkugels

Post#7 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:09 pm

it appears 'robert' ,the borgs, is still in it He had missed 3/4 and i mistakenly assumed he was on the way out which i couldn't understand because he only had to survive for a few more turns.

The previous two players had followed suit and dropped after battle-OH Well

(-h000)<<<Message>>>
Points scored
One point per enemy homeworld
Points needed to win:
Points this turn:
Bird Man 2
Cyborg 1
Crystalline 1
Robotic 1
Lizard 0
Rebel 0
Rebel 0
Rebel 0
Rebel 0
Rebel 0
Rebel 0
this what you wanted to see

I think the borgs can be stopped- but after that.......
GREAT GAME

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:27 am

Based on that screen, it looks like the one to be stopped is the birdmen. He's got at least 2 enemy hw's under his control.
Regards,
][avok

the.Ant

Post#9 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 pm

Havok wrote:Based on that screen, it looks like the one to be stopped is the birdmen. He's got at least 2 enemy hw's under his control.
Soon to be three :twisted:

hennef

Post#10 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 am

whats the current score? which HW will fall next?

tell ME!!!
have fun!

hennef

the.Ant

Post#11 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Ahh, I don't want to spoil to surprise.

But I will send you a screenshot of the explosions :)

hennef

Post#12 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:26 pm

the.Ant wrote:Ahh, I don't want to spoil to surprise.

But I will send you a screenshot of the explosions :)
hmmm, like that :D
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Intel”