Bios

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#16 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:07 am

It's........it's........hypnotising.......... :shock:
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Logain
Posts: 720

Post#17 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:00 am

Six,

If you project that on the front of your ships, you're almost guaranteed to get to fire the first salvo :shock:

Logain

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#18 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 am

I always wondered what the beam turrents looked like when they are minesweeping.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
the.Ant
Posts: 283

Post#19 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:
Six_Of_One wrote:
*shaking head and rolling eyes*
If you play the Borg correctly, $5,000 is nothing, and i much prefer to have the extra and the supplies. :P
then you never faced a real good birdie.... :-'
Do you know of any?
So far I had no trouble taking any Cyborg apart, why do you think Robert asked this question? *eg*

Borgs are one of my favourite targets, Annihilations blow up easily and Bios are strong but awfully expensive. Also you'd be surprised how many Borg players believe that they can safe resources by not getting enough fuel or not buying any engines. Thing is, all those fighters are worth crap two cloaked Resolutes are playing dice with these shiny 100k$-cubes and leave them stranded in open space.

Furthermore assume that Borgs have a strong economy is to assume they have still any Fireclouds left...
And those which are left are usually kind enough to chunnel my invading fleet directly into the homeland. :wave:

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#20 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Despite popular belief, the Borg are not a newbie race.
As soon as i know there are cloakers around, i lay more minefields than you can poke a stick at..... darkwings and resolutes dont like hitting them, no cloak and they are toasted by those beautiful cubes :wink:

Of course you may win the battle on the home front, but any Borg player worth his salt will have several such sites, infact the Borg should have more clans than all other races put together :shock:

Your ships may cloak, but your planets dont :P
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#21 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 am

i would love to have a battle or two... borg against birds!

but not now. now is summer!!! 8)

honestly, i think bird against borg could be interesting.


anyone interested?

lets say starting september ;)
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
the.Ant
Posts: 283

Post#22 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:Despite popular belief, the Borg are not a newbie race.
I agree, Borgs are not easy to play. My point is (only speaking from personal experience of course), that many Borg players tend to feel too secure by their strong points that they forget about their weaknesses.
As soon as i know there are cloakers around, i lay more minefields than you can poke a stick at..... darkwings and resolutes dont like hitting them, no cloak and they are toasted by those beautiful cubes :wink:
Darkwings are excellent Minesweepers and the default cargo is 50 torps and 100 supplies, so they can self-repair one minehit without a problem. And thanks to superspy it's usually easy to refill them as long as you find a planet without a base.

Of course you can always adapt but to every counter measure there is a counter measure.
Of course you may win the battle on the home front, but any Borg player worth his salt will have several such sites, infact the Borg should have more clans than all other races put together :shock:
True. Then again, a Borg has to grow to this size first, a Darkwing can devestate the first neighbouring Homeworld by turn 15.
Your ships may cloak, but your planets dont :P
Aha, but you have to reach them first. A good Bird expands like hell, which means that he sees his enemy coming and has time to prepare before they even come close to the homeland. Let them take the outposts, what good are they if they are stripped of fuel and minerals?

Well, I hate to bring this entertaining discussion to an end but I hold that the determining factor is (as always) the skill of the player (plus some luck), not the qualitites of the race. A strong player is always difficult to defeat, regardless of the race he plays. I just particularly enjoy defeating Borgs due to their tendency of overvalueing their ships and dismissing birdmen as a "weak race".

User avatar
the.Ant
Posts: 283

Post#23 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:55 pm

hennef wrote:i would love to have a battle or two... borg against birds!
I have to say I had similar thoughts already...

However, in a one on one scenario I have to admit that I might be tempted to bet on the Borg. Borgs rely heavily on early expansion, if there are no neighbours around to set them some borders I guess that would be a decisive advantage. In a normal game most players try to get the economy running first, which is their weak phase in which an early strike is fatal. In a one on one game you could spend all your resources on base-defense and pump out probes to colonize remote spots which are out of range of your opponent.

Also, IF a bird decides to rush early, it takes him much more time to build up his own economy as well. If that rush fails, he is doomed. Now, in a normal game the bird has the element of surprise on his side, but of course if the borg knows from round one on that the bird is coming, this is not the case.

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#24 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:25 pm

the.Ant wrote:
hennef wrote:i would love to have a battle or two... borg against birds!
I have to say I had similar thoughts already...

However, in a one on one scenario I have to admit that I might be tempted to bet on the Borg. Borgs rely heavily on early expansion, if there are no neighbours around to set them some borders I guess that would be a decisive advantage. In a normal game most players try to get the economy running first, which is their weak phase in which an early strike is fatal. In a one on one game you could spend all your resources on base-defense and pump out probes to colonize remote spots which are out of range of your opponent.

Also, IF a bird decides to rush early, it takes him much more time to build up his own economy as well. If that rush fails, he is doomed. Now, in a normal game the bird has the element of surprise on his side, but of course if the borg knows from round one on that the bird is coming, this is not the case.
very true indeed!
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#25 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 am

1 v 1 Borg vs Bird in a closed duel?

It would depend on the parameters of the duel.

Starting Distance
Victory conditions
Map size
Native density
Mineral density
Player pop start
Player cash start
and more.

Too many variables to iron out which is better.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#26 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 pm

B A N E wrote:1 v 1 Borg vs Bird in a closed duel?

It would depend on the parameters of the duel.

Starting Distance
Victory conditions
Map size
Native density
Mineral density
Player pop start
Player cash start
and more.

Too many variables to iron out which is better.
also very true :D
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#27 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 pm

*yawn*

Birds with delusions of granduer :roll:

Get a dictionary and look up the words "Ambition" and "Ability" as you seem to have them confused.

-Borg expansion in a 1v1 would be exceedingly fast
-Borg would build starbases so fast your head would be permanently spinning
-Strip your planets, Borg can chunnel in everything they need
-Once the Borg are rolling, no one can stop them

THE BORG RULE :P
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#28 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 pm

If it wouldn't just make my skin crawl with tedium,
An 11 borg game might be a sight to see.

Who'd expand the most?
Who'd build the best?
Who'd deploy the best chunnel net?
etc.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
warpedboard
Posts: 555

Post#29 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 pm

B A N E wrote:If it wouldn't just make my skin crawl with tedium,
An 11 borg game might be a sight to see.

Who'd expand the most?
Who'd build the best?
Who'd deploy the best chunnel net?
etc.
Good grief my brain just about strangled itself for being forced to think about such a game even for a second...

User avatar
Six_Of_One
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Post#30 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 am

warpedboard wrote:
B A N E wrote:If it wouldn't just make my skin crawl with tedium,
An 11 borg game might be a sight to see.

Who'd expand the most?
Who'd build the best?
Who'd deploy the best chunnel net?
etc.
Good grief my brain just about strangled itself for being forced to think about such a game even for a second...
Simply cant happen......... on turn one the Borg collective would know they were the only ones in the universe and call the game :P
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Return to “Intel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron