echoview with vista

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Piece of Shardin. :lol:
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#17 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:15 pm

ROTFLMAO
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

majorm

Post#18 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 am

Now echoview is fine I thought, just a little error message at the end...
Maybe I am the error but I can't load allied files. How does this work in vista?
I copied the evportx.dat to c:/plan and to c:/plan/vpwork1 (where the gamedata is in!)
then I choosed the right ally in echoview and clicked load allied files. nothing happens :?

by the way, the error message at the end (always) is:
echoview caused a general protection fault in module echoview.exe at 0017:31C8. Choose close. echoview will close

:?:

Cherek

Post#19 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:09 am

majorm wrote:Now echoview is fine I thought, just a little error message at the end...
Maybe I am the error but I can't load allied files. How does this work in vista?
I copied the evportx.dat to c:/plan and to c:/plan/vpwork1 (where the gamedata is in!)
then I choosed the right ally in echoview and clicked load allied files. nothing happens :?

echoview caused a general protection fault in module echoview.exe at 0017:31C8. Choose close. echoview will close

:?:
Under "Tools" did you select an ally?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Logain

Post#20 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 am

Majorm,

I get the same error message if I don't save the game before I try to close out Echoview (using WIN XP SP3). If I go to the drop down menu and save the game before I try to exit, then the error doesn't appear. I didn't notice any loss of data when I did get the message...

Logain

majorm wrote:Now echoview is fine I thought, just a little error message at the end...

echoview caused a general protection fault in module echoview.exe at 0017:31C8. Choose close. echoview will close :?:

rockford

Post#21 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:43 am

I don't remember if Echoview comes with an install program but if it does, and you're using Vista, you need to right click on the setup file and click "run as administrator". If you don't then half the files end up in the Echoview folder and the other half are put in the
"C:\Users\Your_Logon_Id\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program_Files\Echoview\" folder. When this happens Echoview.exe can't find it's .dat files. Using the "Run as administrator" option will put all the files in the Echoview folder.

I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem but it might be worth a try.
Retirement: There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

majorm

Post#22 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:31 am

omg, yes it works!
thank you! :P

Return to “Intel”