The True Value of SUPERSPY

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Vodenkugels

The True Value of SUPERSPY

Post#1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:49 pm

As a virgin birdie -is superspy all it's bragged up to be? It seems easily defeated and bypassed by randmax etc.

Just bored and no-one want's to talk any smack in the forum?
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Gavan

Post#2 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:29 am

Oh I can think of a FC or two that are wonderful and would not be solved by Randmax. (and remember the second part of superspy, always nice to know what is on the planet before attacking)
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:01 am

I thought Randmax wouldn't really help because you change the FC and the effects (bum, dmp and so on) are felt in the same turn. AFAIK Randmax can't save you from a successful super spy.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#4 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

To be honest, I think Tim should update the superspy mission to include more info, namely:

- the number of fighters, torps, tech levels etc on the base
- base defense & tech levels
- native population data
- ship build info

As a birdman player, I use superspy to beam up credits, but more often to gather intel on a planet or base to determine wether a resolute / darkwing combo is enough to take it out, or if a darkwing / darkwing combo is needed.

Vodenkugels

Post#5 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:13 am

As Always there are things to learn, but i didn't think superspying everywhere was gaining me any thing...

Any other nasty Avian tactics i should be practicing?
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 am

to Hawkeye - there are a few things I'd like to see done with Winplan too but don't bet on anything happening now. Tim has pretty much abandoned any further development on V3, and quite honestly I'm not sure what he's doing with V4 as I never pay attention to it (being a God-awful game IMHO).

But if he's doing any development at all, it will be on V4.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:53 am

Gilgamesh wrote:to Hawkeye - there are a few things I'd like to see done with Winplan too but don't bet on anything happening now. Tim has pretty much abandoned any further development on V3, and quite honestly I'm not sure what he's doing with V4 as I never pay attention to it (being a God-awful game IMHO).

But if he's doing any development at all, it will be on V4.
Yup, I was aware that Tim had stopped all work on V3 for some time now. Would be good if he could do a quick revisit, and make a few changes (like fixing the ship list / providing a better balance between the races etc). I'm not holding my breath until then though... :)

Hawkeye

Post#8 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:12 am

Vodenkugels wrote:As Always there are things to learn, but i didn't think superspying everywhere was gaining me any thing...

Any other nasty Avian tactics i should be practicing?
Yup, think of the birdmen as the terrorists of the echo cluster. Use the Resolutes as economic raiders - take any planets without starbases, pick on any weaker ships by towing them off, capture freighters, lay large minefields, steal money, sweep minefields, destroy alchemy + refinery+ fighter producers, dump clans, relay intel to allies, disrupt supply lines, capture fuel dumps, render planets uninhabitable, and generally harrass the hell out of the enemy by recloaking afterwards :D

Any larger ships that are too much for the Resolutes to handle, let them slip through the lines to be taken out by the Darkwings using cloaked intercept. Make sure you have enough Darkies attack to ensure the last one that fights wins the battle, and if he's got more than one large carrier, use cloaked intercept to take them out separately.

Return to “Intel”