winplan Messages

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Akalabeth

winplan Messages

Post#1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:00 pm

What the hell's wrong with Winplan?

When I write a message, and hit send, it'll delete a portion of the bottom and reformat it to look like so much shit. Rather annoying to say the least.

Gilgamesh

Post#2 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

Your message is probably too long for Winplan.

And yes - it does like to reformat lines. You can go through and delete the returns so you can bring the lines back into - er - line. You may have to do that a few times to get the whole message looking like it wasn't typed by monkeys.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:54 am

It's a feature, not a bug :D

Akalabeth

Post#4 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 am

A feature? Oh man.
Yeah, I shortened it and reformatted it. Deleting the returns each time. Does the SEND message button do anything? Or does it just make noise? I don't get it. I hit it anyway. There is a point where the text starts to go back to the beginning, suggesting to me that's the character limit. But apparently it's not. Or maybe it is and the reformatting just screws it up. Either way I just broke my message into two parts instead.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:25 am

There is a limit on the chars per line, as well on the number of lines. (I remember Donovan's had the details someplace http://donovan.circus-maximus.com)

The send button does not do much. The message is only "sent" with your rst file to the host. As long as you can see the message in the outgoing folder it will be sent with your rst.

Aleortu

Re: winplan Messages

Post#6 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 am

If you think your message may be long you better type it on notepad or something and then paste, so you can see where it is cutted and place the rest in another message.
Don't forget to pick the race who receives the message (Winplan does not remind you like gmail does) and if you don't press send it just stays there.

Of course, the best way to talk with your ally (even with your enemy) is via email, I always look for it at the player's profile and if it's hidden I ask him via winplan message.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Return to “Intel”