The race thing again...

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Six_Of_One

Post#16 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:34 am

casebolt wrote:Who would betray you first, Enemy or a Ally?
They are only an ally if you get their rst as well.... if not they are to be treated with caution :wink:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

casebolt

Post#17 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:32 am

1. Federation great race to start with, well ballanced. Primary builds >Missouris,Thors,Kitty Hawks,Lokis, If you have more economy than sense NOVAs. (IMO Feds have to many aces)
2. Lizards, very strong easy to manage. Well ballanced but can have problems against Big carrier races. Attack enemies economy and you will do well. Primary builds,> T-Rex, Lizard Cruiser,Lokis.
3. Birds, Most powerfull race in the game!! Primary builds> Darkwings, Resolutes. Cloak and tow kill, repair, rense repeat.
4. Fascist are very hard to play thus least desired by most. Primary builds>Victorious Battleship, Ill wind, Coldpain cruiser, Pop ship.
5. Pirates, can be difficult to play or understood but in the hands of seasoned player in a low mineral setting (low feul) deadly.
Primary builds> build what you want steal the rest.
6. Borg, Difficult to play and if played well hard to manage because of the vast amount of real estate and ships to deal with, that be a good thing. Primary builds>Probes (early assimulation) Fireclouds,Biocides.
Fireclouds should be sent out early to establish Chunel points.
7. Crystals, best defensive race and useally ends up alone with their webs.
People just tend to stay away from them and for good reason. Primary builds > Emeralds, Diamond Flames, Thunder Carriers. Very recluse race to play.
8. Empire, Good starter race, easy to manage, Primary builds> S-Star Frigate, SSD, Gorbies and build alot of SBs.
9. Robots, Best starter race than any other because they have great defense and great offense. Primary builds> Cats Paw, Atomas,Gorbies.
10. Rebels, Another great starter race but lack a good torp ship. Primary builds> Falcons, Rushes.
11. Colonies, another great starter race easy to manage but unlike the Rebels have a decent torp ship that allso makes feul. Primary builds>
Cobol, Virgos.

In short, races 1,2,3,8,9,10,11, are great starter races, avoid the 4,5,6,7.

Casebolt..... \:D/

Vodenkugels

Post#18 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:55 am

we just gotta get LORD][avok to fire up a few more nf's

maybe Wrap (or Sphere) would be a thing to try--eliminate those buff starting corners
One ally seems to be enough
long distance HW at least gives a chance to get rollin

How often does a remaster occur?--when enough grump about the start?

I'M READY for another lesson and the SPACE SCUM DAILY presses are primed and ready to put out more smack
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Vodenkugels

Post#19 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:56 am

Oh and Yeah --Lord Vinny I will try not to give away too many secrets-- At least not mine anyway :roll:
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 am

Vodenkugels wrote:we just gotta get LORD][avok to fire up a few more nf's

maybe Wrap (or Sphere) would be a thing to try--eliminate those buff starting corners
One ally seems to be enough
long distance HW at least gives a chance to get rollin

How often does a remaster occur?--when enough grump about the start?

I'M READY for another lesson and the SPACE SCUM DAILY presses are primed and ready to put out more smack
Sounds like I have to finish the Brass Tacks game setup. NF although it's PHost, but you guys won't mind?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#21 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:29 am

:-' :band:
Regards,
][avok

Captain Blood

Post#22 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:33 pm

casebolt wrote: 2. Lizards, very strong easy to manage. Well ballanced but can have problems against Big carrier races. Attack enemies economy and you will do well. Primary builds,> T-Rex, Lizard Cruiser,Lokis.
Know I understand why you do not considder the Lizard the strongest race. You don´t build the backbone ships of the Lizard fleet Madonzillas. (65% T-rex 35% madonzillas) and do not forget the (terraformers) to hiss with. Since it cost about 6500 MC to prepare the Madonzilla for battle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Else I more or less agree with your list. Even if you make the Empire easier to play that they really are. They gain fighters slow compared to the free fighter races and the Gorbie is expensive to build. They gather a lot of information, probaly from the entire univers, but to use that is not that easy. Also the Priv. will travel a long way to try to capture a SSD.

If the priv. can rob a SSD they can probaly also kill the empire. So I would add the empire to the list of races that one should not start out with.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Havok
Site Admin

Post#23 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:54 pm

I've seen a lizard player build the majority his fleet with SDSF's and Serpents.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#24 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:08 pm

...and how long did he last????
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#25 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Depends if he could be found :?

casebolt

Post#26 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 pm

If you read my first message I picked the Lizards second strongest race in the game.

1. Hiss = money, turn a rock planet into a honey pot.
2. Loki = anti cloak
3. Lokis do not work on cloaked Lizards.
4. Lizard Ground attack BIG early advantage, 30 to 1 WOWzer!
5. Lizard Warships/planets/SBs fight to 150% damage
6. Double mineing.
7. Ecellent choice of ships.
So, Lizards have it in spades for shear raw agressive economic growth.
You dont want to be the Lizards neighbor at the start of the game.
The Birds probably can handle them better than any other race, Thus Birds to me are the Strongest race.

Biocide/Gorbie battle vs T-Rexs X rays, 20 to 25 torps 8s.
1st T-Rex takes shields down and does on the average 10% damage.
2nd T-Rex Damages Bio/Gorbie average 40% from 10%.
3rd T-Rex Damages Bio/Gorbie average 72 % from 40%
4th T-Rex Kill carrier for the cost of 3 T-Rexes armed with 20-25 torps X-Rays. Bad rolls will cost you 4 T-Rexes!

The Modzilla Method is T-Rex, T-Rex, shields are now down to average 40% Now add the Mod and Gorbie/Bio is destoyed but 20% of the time the Modzilla is over its 100% damage explodes to.
If you add another Third T-Rex then its the same combo, 1,2,3, Mod/ T-Rex, bad rolls favor the Carrier.
Heres my point, a Damaged 4th T-Rex can repair and mk torps in field and get right back into action, a Modzilla has to rearm back at a SB and if you fronted it with 2 T-Rexes high chance of a need of a tow, thus tieing up another ship, Modzillas canot lay mines.

Nothing wrong with a percentage of Modzillas, just Primary builds are T-Rexes and LCs, makes it simple IMO. Modzillas are better suited for hanging around SBs close to fighter resupply and repair.

As for the Empire the Fighters build themselves, you get alot of info from Dark sense, Build alot of SBs, Gorbies, SSDs, SS frigates for exploreing , mine laying wich is the only defense against a Pirate. I would agree the Empire can be a little more open for a smack down early in the game it is important to move them Gorbies out to keep others on the defensive and in their yard, simple build them big and send them.

IMO

Casebolt....

lord vinny

Post#27 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Vodenkugels wrote:Oh and Yeah --Lord Vinny I will try not to give away too many secrets-- At least not mine anyway :roll:
well u didnt give away any secrets..but long b4 i saw any explosions or talked to liz..i knew you were in the top center..and i knew who your were fighting...for me never seeing any of your ships until like-trn 50-id say you were giving away alot to the rest of the cluster..

does that really matter in the long run?...depends i guess...cant stay hidden forever no matter who you are playing..but if your gonna send smack talk to the rest of us from trn 1 id say its not the best idea to leave a return address on the envlope :)
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Captain Blood

Post#28 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 pm

The Madonzilla metode is T-rex, Madonzilla, Madonzilla and either a T-rex or Madonzilla in case of bad luck and to tow the second madonzilla to a base. No need to sacrifice a second T-rex. The second madonzilla usually win the battle if the fight is set up correct.

How I can be reasonable sure to get the most favorable side for my ships I will leave to you to figure out.

Lizard don´t usually fight carriers head to head above planets or more than 1 carrier at a time. At least not when I play them.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Six_Of_One

Post#29 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 am

I disagree about the Borg and being time consuming, which is the inference.

They are no more time consuming than any other large race, and by large i mean the amount of ships and planets. Less time consuming than those sneaky cloakers like the pirates and birds.

I for one dont bother moving clans off of hot or cold planets i have assimilated, unless there is a need at a close by planet with stacks of minerals. I simply keep building factories and mines till they max out and all natives are gone....... then they can die out at will.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#30 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 am

Six_Of_One wrote:I disagree about the Borg and being time consuming, which is the inference.

They are no more time consuming than any other large race, and by large i mean the amount of ships and planets. Less time consuming than those sneaky cloakers like the pirates and birds.

I for one dont bother moving clans off of hot or cold planets i have assimilated, unless there is a need at a close by planet with stacks of minerals. I simply keep building factories and mines till they max out and all natives are gone....... then they can die out at will.
Sounds like the way I play Borg as well. Leave it be. :)

Return to “Intel”