The Diplomacy thing...

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

Post#16 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:48 pm

He was playing the Fed/Bird in Border Patrol not the Bots /Fascist and just so you know even before this was known I took his Bird HW on turn 14 with Lizards. He began to rave like a lunitic on and on and on trying to discredit my Politics :shock: and went a little off the edge hrmmm. He had cranked out several Deth Speculas and had them heading to his Fed player so I caught him with his pants down.
I seen Waters Join another site after he was booted as the Borg, I joined as the Pirate and eleminated him rather quickly and called all my ships "Border Partrol". \:D/

Guys like him keep me playing.

Casebolt....

Shardin5

Post#17 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:04 pm

The Bird/Fed were two Brothers(and the FED was one of the Biggest Cry Babies of all time.) I forget who the Fed was, just his really whiney postings. I still have the RST's with the ingame messages, with Mike W as the Klingon, and some really wierd messages too, just to the West of Me, and the Cylon was up in the NW corner and never did a thing. I forget the Pain in the Arse who was playing the Empire(He quit playing VGA Planets to play WoW), who ended up allied with Tei(Crystal) and Rockford(CofM) in a 3 way alliance.
Casebolt stomped the Bird Early, and the Fed player went nutz about him taking advantage of a Newbie. HomeWorld games aren't for Newbies.
Mike W( I will look up the Email addy he used) and William Whiting(the Cylon in the game) were one in the same, in that game.
Matter of a fact the blow up was over the Cylon HW, knowing now what was really going on, I would have let Casebolt just stomp on the Cylon, stayed out of it, and I would have crushed Klingon, instead. Granted I always wondered about that Pirate in that game as well. It was a pirate that never stole a ship, and was a non-Factor. Some times I wish we had a log of everygame and who was what race, not just the top 3 players.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Shardin5

Post#18 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:05 pm

A trip down memory lane, to help out with Diplomacy.
viewtopic.php?t=1610

Found couple of threads, but this is a good example of Diplomacy and Alliances Running amok, and a Re-enforcement that cheating players need to be shot, as they ruin games even more. I can't believe I forgot DeathHeads name. His Antics in many games were legendary, and when he Dropped from the game and gave his HomeWorld to the Tholian for Free started a Free for all.

Diplomacy is great, and necessary sometimes, but Mega Alliance's no matter what type of game it is, will ruin the game. So Diplomacy needs to be handled with care, you can't be friends with everybody.

People like MikeW who was playing the Klingon(MikeW) and Cylon(WilliamWhiting), and AK Waters who was playing the Fed(AK) and Bird(JC), and communicating with other Races like they were only playing one race, and making agreement's and promises at the sametime, undermind the game, in both spirit and just plain FUN.

Fed (Ak Waters) Caught during the game
Gorn (Casebolt)
Bird (JC Waters) Caught during the game
Klingon (Mike W)
Pirate (Can't Remember)I believe another MikeW
Borg (Enemy #1)
Tholian (Tei)
Empire (DeathHead) A real Cry Baby
Cylons (William Whiting)Really MikeW
Rebel (Can't Remember)
CofM (Rockford)
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

FLETCH

Post#19 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Mike W was playing 4 races in Alpha Quadrant 3. He was the Gorn, Ferengi (Rebels), Tholians and the Maquis (CoM). (If my memory serves me correctly) After some suspicious questions to ][avok by a few players some investigating was conducted which ended with Mike W and several other incarnations being deleted and banned from CM. Unfortunately this unbalanced the game and led to issues concerning these races and, in my opinion, caused a rift between otherwise friendly opponents.

As I said, Mike W has a lot to answer for....
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am

It is also the reason why the player signup page has been suspended. :roll:

casebolt

Post#21 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 am

Border Partrol was my first game after a 7 year break and to be dumped into a game like that got me hooked again.

One more side note, I took over the Federation in a SFB game (turn 45-50?) and to my suprise replaced W-Waters. I was so pissed not one Nepoleon Carrier was buildt, ship que was full, Pirate coming from the south, Klingons from the SW, and Game Birds/ICS team Coming in from the NW, and West. Made an NAP with the Klingon/Pirate and was able to turn the Fed around and at least make a fight out of it, W-Waters gamepaly was lacking mabe thats why he played so many races :shock:

E#1 Im sure Rockford played the Fascist who fought the Bots/Fed/Crystals/Empire
tooth and nail. Rockford is a solid guy, solid as a rock :D

Casebolt...

B A N E

Post#22 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am

Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

casebolt

Post#23 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Deplomacy is a great part of the game, I think everyone should try try it once.

After all its just another word for Kiss Butt and if one has NO Deplomacy there is no Foul after taste!!! :D

Deplomacy leads to Betrayal, bad feelings, opinions, agreement changes, wasted time, talking, retalking, writeing agreements, rewriteing agreements.

No Deplomacy means> I want your Planets, I want to disrupt your economy, I want to eliminate your populations, I want to destroy or own your ships. It is clear upfront, Ones intent is as clear and truthfull as it can ever be.

The USA is the most Deplomatic nation on this planet and the most hated.

Deplomacy by practice is deceptive, Id rather play with a clear mind and free soul.

Casebolt....

Six_Of_One

Post#24 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 am

casebolt wrote: The USA is the most Deplomatic nation on this planet and the most hated.
Casebolt....
I was with you right up 'till you wrote this :shock:
There are 2 statements in that sentence, and only one of them is true :wink:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

FLETCH

Post#25 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 am

casebolt wrote: Deplomacy leads to Betrayal, bad feelings, opinions, agreement changes, wasted time, talking, retalking, writeing agreements, rewriteing agreements.
I almost feel sorry for someone who has such a bleak view of the world. :?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Akalabeth

Post#26 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 am

Six_Of_One wrote:
casebolt wrote: The USA is the most Deplomatic nation on this planet and the most hated.
Casebolt....
I was with you right up 'till you wrote this :shock:
There are 2 statements in that sentence, and only one of them is true :wink:
Yeah that statement seemed a bit loopy too. I think there's a difference between "diplomatic" and "won't stay out of everyone's business"

Gilgamesh

Post#27 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 am

FLETCH wrote:
I almost feel sorry for someone who has such a bleak view of the world. :?
Yeah - I know what you mean. It explains much about Casey's method of play though.

There are some games and races where you can or have to go it alone, but a race like the Klingons for example pretty much have to secure one border because you are so out-gunned you can't fight on all fronts at once. You'll be successful for a while but sooner or later the brute force races will just over power you.

So yeah - diplomacy is a big part of the game....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#28 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:28 am

FLETCH wrote:Mike W was playing 4 races in Alpha Quadrant 3. He was the Gorn, Ferengi (Rebels), Tholians and the Maquis (CoM). (If my memory serves me correctly) After some suspicious questions to ][avok by a few players some investigating was conducted which ended with Mike W and several other incarnations being deleted and banned from CM. Unfortunately this unbalanced the game and led to issues concerning these races and, in my opinion, caused a rift between otherwise friendly opponents.

As I said, Mike W has a lot to answer for....
Mike W was playing 2 races and William Whiting aka, Lord Sidious, Bill Whiting, Conundrum, Majere, Carl Edens, Jerome Bettis, cheaptrick75 and several other names), was also playing 2 or 3 races.

They both have caused issues over at VGAP.net and it's sister site the warshed, that's also going offline. I've seen multiple instances of their alias's at Starbase.net as well. If you see them in a game, you can bet they're in at least more than one race slot unless the host has the site locked down or is using another program than Autotroll to manage users.
Last edited by Havok on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#29 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

BitMask wrote:It is also the reason why the player signup page has been suspended. :roll:
I let people in still. It's just references only. :)
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#30 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Havok wrote:
BitMask wrote:It is also the reason why the player signup page has been suspended. :roll:
I let people in still. It's just references only. :)
Good thing I joined when I did or I'd be screwed..... :P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Intel”