new nf's --what mods

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Vodenkugels

new nf's --what mods

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:45 pm

when we covince lord havok to fire up some new nf's-what's anyones thought on sphere or wrap or whatever eliminates the corners. what weird things happen? hyp?ga? mine sweep,lay?......i'm on my mobile more later.......
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

Vodenkugels

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 pm

What the heck -i can talk to myself-always do... What i meant to ask was what option is typically used to create such a map? Is it a popular option? Yes? NO? How then does hyp/ga/minelaying or just plain sensors work? It must shrink the world, or at least the ability to tranverse it?
Practice Hard Fight Easy and WIN
Practice Easy Fight Hard and DIE

lord vinny

Post#3 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:21 pm

when havok adds new games he usually spices up one of the nf games with something or other...

as for sphere..ive not played it yet..so i cant help ya...if nobody answers soon u could search the forums for it..im sure there have been plenty of previous posts about it..id like to try it soon also...certainly adds some spice to the game.
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am

If you play with sphere (on THost), it only wraps ships past the boundaries. So no scans, minefields, etc. The basic rule is: Move over the edge and you end up on the other side.

In PHost it is not a addon, but build into PHost (option PWrap). It works a bit better in my opinion and does scan wraps, although I don't think is wraps Minefields (But I can be wrong here). The ship Wrap is also very accurate and many player utils support PWrap (EchoView, JVC, etc.). It also has a Circle wrap option which I want to use at some stage.

All in all I enjoy playing with wraps

Return to “Intel”