Echoview Help?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

AngryJohnny

Echoview Help?

Post#1 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm having trouble with Echoview. When I load a game the application gives me the following errors:

1. "Warning. Cannont scan messages! SCANMESS.DAT not found"
2. "Warning. No HOST configuration message received! Several configuration-dependent features may not work properly."

So far Echoview is not showing me the native life on Bio-Scanned planets, and I can't estimate my minefield sizes with the utility. I'm not sure what else I can't do yet.

Can anyone help me? I have Echoview installed into my main VGAP directory. It's not installed into any of the VPWORK# directories. I'd appreciate any assistance!

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

FLETCH

Post#2 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Bitmask is the EV Master.

Maybe send him a PM if he doesn't reply here soon.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

lord vinny

Post#3 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm

hey AJ hows it goin..
everytime i set ev up again i forget what to do and get this error msg..there is a SCANMESS file that comes with ev that you have to put in the PLAN 1 folder inorder for it to work right..

however im not an expert and dopnt know if thats causing the other problems also..u might want to make sure your have the newest version and not the 1.1 version too..might be why the mine sim isnt working right.

hope that helps some..

lord-v
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 am

Hi AngryJohnny

All the above answers are correct.
The best would be to get the latest version from the website
(EV32 1.2.24beta) and extract all the files in the zipfile to your planets folder (e.g. c:\plan1\ )

This almost always fixes most issues.

AngryJohnny

Post#5 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions! I do have version 1.2.24 beta installed, but I think I may have extracted it into the wrong directory initially. I'm going to delete it and start over by extracting the *.zip into my main VGAP directory. I'll let you all know if it works! Thanks again!

Update: That worked! Thanks guys! I extracted the *.zip into my main VGAP directory and let it over-write the existing files. I loaded it and I didn't get any errors and everything seems to be working!

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

lord vinny

Post#6 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:11 pm

no prob...glad it helped...
i was having alot of problems with AQ4 and had to delete everything and re-download and begin again..had some of the same problems with ev then and had to figure out how to set it up..
i also figured out that u can use just the one ev for all your games regaurdless of where they are located or how they are set up..just gotta tell it where to look for the files...before i had tried to use two diff ev's for my regular games and another for AQ4 setup..
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Return to “Intel”