Anti-pirate tactics?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Logain

Post#16 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Mika wrote:Also a nice one:

Just got around 5 MBRs by setting my planet (+ base) fc to "EEE" and the base mission to "force a surrender"

That guy didn't learn it for three turns. I guess he gave up trying to steal my ships without having the slightest clue what happened. Too bad... I could really need more of those and it is much cheaper than cloning.

Sure, only works with noobs but there are soooooo many out there :)
That works against any cloaking race (adjust the f-code as appropriate)... Also works well with special mission codes like "mkt", etc. against many experienced players :oops: It took me 40 turns to kill that damned Deth Specula after I donated it that way. :x

Akalabeth

Post#17 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Mika wrote:Also a nice one:

Just got around 5 MBRs by setting my planet (+ base) fc to "EEE" and the base mission to "force a surrender"

That guy didn't learn it for three turns. I guess he gave up trying to steal my ships without having the slightest clue what happened. Too bad... I could really need more of those and it is much cheaper than cloning.

Sure, only works with noobs but there are soooooo many out there :)
Yeah, in another game, a noob sent freighters flying with their destinations visible every which way. I think I'm gonna go kill him. But I feel kinda bad about it hahahaha.

Incidentally I also tried that in NF63. Some Fascist bugger was pillaging my cyborg world (my fleet had been largely destroyed). So I was going through the FC codes, like mkt, DDD, etcetera trying to get him to surrender. Never worked, but it was satisfying to try :D
Last edited by Akalabeth on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsychoHawk

Post#18 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Logain wrote:Also works well with special mission codes like "mkt", etc. against many experienced players :oops: It took me 40 turns to kill that damned Deth Specula after I donated it that way. :x
Capturing that Deth Spec made that game a lot more fun for me, thanks again Logain! I knew it was a slip up on your part, but because of that, I'm ultra paranoid about sitting over any starbase with the same FC for more than a single turn.

However, someone losing multiple ships to the same trick in consecutive turns is quite amusing.

Logain

Post#19 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm

PsychoHawk wrote:
Logain wrote:Also works well with special mission codes like "mkt", etc. against many experienced players :oops: It took me 40 turns to kill that damned Deth Specula after I donated it that way. :x
Capturing that Deth Spec made that game a lot more fun for me, thanks again Logain! I knew it was a slip up on your part, but because of that, I'm ultra paranoid about sitting over any starbase with the same FC for more than a single turn.

However, someone losing multiple ships to the same trick in consecutive turns is quite amusing.
I would say you're welcome... You certainly deserved the capture. Now I'm just paranoid :lol:

casebolt

Post#20 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:06 pm

No tactic can overcome this Pirate.

FLETCH

Post#21 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 am

:puke:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Return to “Intel”