Ships in webs drained of fuel can still attack?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Ships in webs drained of fuel can still attack?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 am

I had a rather odd situation occur to me recently. I'm playing the Crystals and laid three webs around a Colonial Cobol Class Starship. Last turn I received a message saying that it was out of fuel and safe for capture.

I know Cobols have ramscoops that allow them to convert 1 l.y. of travel into 2 fuel. But, with last turn's message I assumed it was safe to intercept.

This turn I intercepted the ship. It ended up attacking my ship but was blown up (it had already suffered tremendous damage from running through the webs).

My question is this: If the Cobol was out of fuel, should it have been able to attack my interception ship?

+In my report summary for THIS turn, my webs again reported that the ship was out of fuel (the webs were doing their job).

+The ship that intercepted the Cobol did not have primary enemy set to Colonial.

+The Colonials were played by The Q Continuum.

It seems like the computer cheated. Or is there something I missed?

Hawkeye

Post#2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 am

If ships without fuel are allowed to move, then the cobol will create fuel as it moves. Also the Q is known for cheating when it comes to fuel quantities on ships.

JonnyDoH

Post#3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Bah!

Yeah, a friend showed me the host order for events. The webs take place before the Cobol fuel creation. Had I known that I would have sent an Emerald with gamma torps. Oh well. Gotta make fuel the old fashioned way-- through the nucleonic process of manipulating supplies and random elements to fuse into the super dense element of neutronium. *sigh*.

Thanks for the reply!

Krait

Post#4 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Hawkeye wrote:If ships without fuel are allowed to move, then the cobol will create fuel as it moves. Also the Q is known for cheating when it comes to fuel quantities on ships.
Personally, I think the "Q" is a p.o.s. and should be removed. Seems everyone that gets in a non-win situation, abandons their game and turns this crap program on.
been there, done that...

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 pm

I've seen Spacelord turned on for a couple of games. Not sure of the reasons why one is turned on for one race, and Q is turned on for another.

Agreed, "Q" is a cheating no-good worse-than-useless pile of festering monkey feces.... :P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

B A N E

Post#6 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Why Q & not SL?
Autotroll is setup to work with Q internally.
(ie: the player can turn Q on and AT can start Q if player drops.)
SL has to be setup manually by Havok.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#7 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 am

Hawkeye wrote:If ships without fuel are allowed to move, then the cobol will create fuel as it moves. Also the Q is known for cheating when it comes to fuel quantities on ships.
Q cheats, and thats the problem. Zero ships move is always a pain for Tholians, but a Cobol would have to move 40lyrs to have enough fuel to fight after web drain, when covered by 3 Webs, and thats not going to happen.
Blame Q
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Krait

Post#8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 am

Q cheats.

It's not just the fuel creation...it's that it sees your moves before hand and implements responses to your move. Cloaking intercepts, any intercepts, tows....whatnot. It makes a game miserable to play. You want to get the last laugh on your enemy....quit with a bunch of ships and planets and activate this piece of crap.
been there, done that...

Dano Killer

Post#9 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm not saying this is what happened in this case but I've used captured Falcons x2 to HYP in, fill a Virgo with 100fl, then HYP out in one turn. They lose fuel sure but its a good way to take out a confident Crystal owner if they think a Virgo or Cobol is empty.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

JonnyDoH

Post#10 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah, I've seen that done before (from my own experience as a Colonial). But this is definitely not what happened.

Akalabeth

Post#11 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:54 am

Krait wrote:Q cheats.

It's not just the fuel creation...it's that it sees your moves before hand and implements responses to your move. Cloaking intercepts, any intercepts, tows....whatnot. It makes a game miserable to play. You want to get the last laugh on your enemy....quit with a bunch of ships and planets and activate this piece of crap.
What with this bullshit? I take a Cplayer planet, then next turn he ground assaults my colonists with no ship and builds a starbase in the same turn and I'm the fricken lizards. What the fak?

What a BS program.

Return to “Intel”