Ships unexpectedly moving in random directions...

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Ships unexpectedly moving in random directions...

Post#1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 pm

While I have your attentions from the previous question, I've experienced (in another game on CM) some of my ships moving inadvertently in random directions. No cloakers nor ion storms were anywhere near them. Does the game sometimes "hiccup" and move random ships in random directions?

It's not much of an issue; they have plenty of fuel and can get back to the planets they were guarding... But it's annoying nonetheless. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this; or maybe my evil twin is altering my turns in some way.

(I'm fairly certain I didn't set waypoints for them either, in case you're wondering). :?

Gilgamesh

Post#2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Not in my experience. You weren't experimenting with the auto-waypoint by any chance? If it's not an ion storm (be sure you have them turned on in your map control settings) I can't think of what would pull you off course.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

JonnyDoH

Post#3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Nope, wasn't any of the above. Ah well. Maybe I should stop doing my turns when it's late at night.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 am

I've never seen the game randomly hiccup. It sounds like another player played your turn (are you sharing an RST) or a computer player is playing. (did you take over a slot in a game).

Did you play your turn in one client and then load it up in another?

Case and point - I played a turn in VPA a few years back, and then decided to give JVC a try... When I went back into VPA to finish the turn, all the ships had new waypoints randomly all over the map... Had to play the whole turn over.
Regards,
][avok

JonnyDoH

Post#5 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 am

Nope, none of the above, Havok.

I'm playing the game straight with no modifications-- that means no UI interface third party programs or the like. I don't think anyone else has been playing my turns-- but I'll ask my ally in the game and see if he made any changes.

I'll examine my turns more carefully and take care to make certain things go the way I want. If it comes up again I'll try reinstalling my copy of VGA Planets and try again...

PsychoHawk

Post#6 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Do you use the arrow keys at all? I know sometimes brushing an arrow key will mess up my waypoint by a LY or three. Also, do you have your mouse settings really sensitive? Using a laser mouse with crazy settings is the cause of a lot of gamer headaches these days.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:01 pm

JonnyDoH wrote:Nope, none of the above, Havok.

I'm playing the game straight with no modifications-- that means no UI interface third party programs or the like. I don't think anyone else has been playing my turns-- but I'll ask my ally in the game and see if he made any changes.

I'll examine my turns more carefully and take care to make certain things go the way I want. If it comes up again I'll try reinstalling my copy of VGA Planets and try again...
Definitely make sure your ally didn't send an TRN in for you...
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”