Strategy hints

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Zeus

Post#91 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Another hint:

If you send a freighter with, lets say 200Sup and 1000Clans, to a isolated cluster with a handful planets which is some turns away, do it this way:

- drop 1 clan at any non native planet
- if you find a native planet, drop all clans minus one clan for any planet in the cluster which is not explored.
---- set the tax in a way that you has the max possible income for your # of clans.
---- let the LDSF explore the other planets.
---- go back to the native planet and load all credits, all supplies and 200 clans.
---- sent the LDSF to your best mineral planets, drop the clans, build fabs, mines and def
---- load up the 200 clans and go to the next planet to build fabs,
mines and def

That way, you can earn money and build structures at those planets far away without to send an 2nd LDSF. (can be done later)

wasp

Post#92 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi all

An update on the current situation:

I've found 2 rock planets on the same cluster. One with 58 rate Mol, and another with 66 rate Tri which is 140 and 183 ly from my HW.

Also, I've found a Monarchy humanoid planet . It can give me 862 Mc constant tax and 5890 Mc growth tax and it's 270 lys from my HW.

I do have enough minerals to build Hvy Blasters Mk7 DW from turn 15.

What should i colonise first. The planets are on diferent clusters. Should i go for the money planet as well, and if so, should i go with LF or build 1 or 2 STF? This money planet is about 3 turns from my HW ...

What should i do? I'm inclined to go for the money planet but i don't know if to go with STF of LF

Ricardo

Ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

wasp

Post#93 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 am

Looks like i have the Robots as neighbour. Should i build a second base to build sweepers ? Should i build White Falcons as shardin said, ou should i build Resolutes??

Ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Zeus

Post#94 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 am

wasp wrote:Looks like i have the Robots as neighbour. Should i build a second base to build sweepers ? Should i build White Falcons as shardin said, ou should i build Resolutes??

Ricardo
Hm I'm playing Robots in a current game and I've invaded Romulan space.. I think this Romulan is an excelent player! I currently sucked a lot at this front.
I would suggest to concentrate to out-mine as much neutr as you can. Try to predict the positions of his mine-layers and do cloaked intercept attacks to kill them (possible with warp 4-6 so your risk to hit a mine is lesser) .. be prepared to lay own minefields after you has killed his mine-layers .. he will possible not have much to sweep. Watch for ships which wants to brings fuel and kill them by cloaked intercepts. Try to tow away his ships one by one, to kill them .. possible with the help of a maxed SB (after the shiplimit it's more easy to lose the costs for a maxed base as a big battleship or a few DW)

Shardin5

Post#95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:55 pm

wasp wrote:Looks like i have the Robots as neighbour. Should i build a second base to build sweepers ? Should i build White Falcons as shardin said, ou should i build Resolutes??

Ricardo
As the Birdy, you should be very quiet right now. You just told the Cylon he has a cloaker Neighbor.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

wasp

Post#96 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Tough now, i must move freigthers with clans to a nearby cluster for colonization and taxation

ricardo

Return to “Intel”