Weapon damage

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Weapon damage

Post#1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey all,

Has anyone done, or does anyone know of where I can find a breakdown of how much damage/shield-drain each type of torp or beam weapon hit will do against each type of hull?

Cheers, Hawkeye

Zeus

Post#2 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 am

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 am

Thanks, it's close but not quite what I was after. I'm looking for a complete breakdown of every hull versus every beam weapon and torp. Might have to put it together myself if it doesnt exist 8)

And before anyone comes along and says "don't you know there's all these variables like engine tech bonus, left-side / right-side, scotty bonus, priv 3x kill bonus blah blah", yes I am aware of all that :wink:

streu

Re: Weapon damage

Post#4 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:11 am

Hawkeye wrote:Has anyone done, or does anyone know of where I can find a breakdown of how much damage/shield-drain each type of torp or beam weapon hit will do against each type of hull?
It's not as that easy. Damage is affected by the ship's hull mass, which depends on the Engine/Shield bonus, and (in Tim-host) by the side you're fighting on (360 kt bonus) or (in PHost) experience. For beams, it also depends on the weapon's charge level.

Once you have that, plug it into the formulas. For Tim-host:
  • shieldLoss = Round(80*bang / (mass+1)) + 1
  • damage = Round(80*shieldLoss / (mass+1)) + 1
  • crewLoss = Round(80*kill / (mass+1))
"bang" and "kill" are the weapon specs. Multiply by two for torps, multiply by the beam's charge level (e.g. 0.7 for 70%) and round for beams.

PCC 1.x can display this computation for individual ships. Select the ship, hit "s" for ship specs, hit "w" for weapon effects.

--Stefan

wasp

Post#5 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi all

I've tried that with the PACT dll and excel.

Basically it would call the function in the dll and give the output of the result. For every combination it was a few thousand rows in excel.

There is one other apication called TVCRHTML which could be found in http://thewarroom.tripod.com/myaddons.html which is still active. The author is the same as tacticatl VCR.

This lists the impact of weapons on your hulls and on others as well...

Good good would be to have master at arms 2, which is promissed....

hope it helps

ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

wasp

Post#6 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:51 am

Forgot to say, you must have the file GEN.HST which i think exists on the host side.

But you can use GEN?.DAT. I'm not sure that it gives the same results, but i think it will.

Ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Hawkeye

Post#7 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Sweet, might have a crack at putting something basic together in the weeks ahead :)

Return to “Intel”