RandMax and Natives

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gavan

RandMax and Natives

Post#1 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 pm

I am trying to get Randmax to tax natives. I can get it to tax clans but not natives. It is quite good at removing the tax rate I set by hand on natives but not adding the tax rate I am trying for.

Does anyone use Randmax to tax Natives or just for building factories / mines / defense?
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 am

I use JVC's builtin addon for that and before that I used Tanacius. Both very good if you do not get Randmax to work.

There was 'n thread about Randmax on the forums about a year or so ago with excilent guides to set it up. You should be able to find it with a search

Gavan

Post#3 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:01 am

I have been trying to use it via Echoview after I could not get randmax itself to do what I wanted.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

albatross

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Is there any way in Randmax to disable the taxing part at all to keep ones own settings? "ntc" and "ntn" seem to set the taxes simply to zero.

Donovan

Post#5 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:36 pm

albatross wrote:Is there any way in Randmax to disable the taxing part at all to keep ones own settings? "ntc" and "ntn" seem to set the taxes simply to zero.
Have you tried setting those to "no" in the randmax.ini?

albatross

Post#6 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Yep. I tried these two versions

Code: Select all

003 f m100 d20 ntc ntn

Code: Select all

003 f m100 d20
ntx no
ctx no
Both don't skip taxing, they just set my own values to zero :(

Donovan

Post#7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Maybe just eliminate all tax commands from the ini file and commandline?

Hawkeye

Post#8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

I use randmax, and yes it will override your settings that you put into Winplan. Have you set your default tax up for Growth Tax or Safe Tax?

If you're setup for Growth Tax for instance and one of your planets has native happiness around say 55%, then it will set tax rate to zero for a bit to recover the happiness.

Also make sure you haven't set a "minimum natives for taxing" or "minimum income for taxing" or something like that in the config file, as these will influence wether the natives get taxed at all.

if you like, post through your randmax ini file for us to look at

H.

albatross

Post#9 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 am

Ok.. I tried dozens of combinations of relevant planetary orders and general parameters now, but it doesn't seem possible to use Randmax for building purpose only. Thanks for the help guys!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 am

You can use Tanacius for building stuff only. It has little ticks for what you want it to do or not.

Return to “Intel”