Spacelrd not building

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Skarpy

Spacelrd not building

Post#1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi. I've run several games with spacelrd playing 10of the races and after about 4 to 8 ships each race that spacelrd plays quits building ships. I'm currently playing the crystals. I've looked at the RSTs and there was plenty of stuff on the spacelrd bases to build with. Is this a common problem?

Skarpy

Re: spacelord

Post#2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 pm

It looks like the batch file was copying stale turns and RSTs because there was no pause built in to wait for spacelord to make turns for all races or for new RSTs to be generated before copying in and out of VPWORK1

Silvestr Potash

Post#3 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:13 am

I use spaselord in phost game, and i see this strange behavior.
Now i play a game on the spaceportal site, and i see that strange behaviour.
I think this happens if you use spaselord 3.07. I found that the spacelord 3.05 work better.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: spacelord

Post#4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Skarpy wrote:It looks like the batch file was copying stale turns and RSTs because there was no pause built in to wait for spacelord to make turns for all races or for new RSTs to be generated before copying in and out of VPWORK1
When using Spacelord in a self made single player game I've found the best way to use it is to have Spacelord run at the very end of the host run (after the game has made the RST's) at the very end of the batch file.

At this point Spacelord will run and do it's thing, then the process ends.

Then you can play your own RST and make your turn and put it back into the game. Then start the host process all over again.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”