Intercepting UFO objects?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Post#31 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 am

Rimstalker wrote:phost even changed the host order. And tow resolution. And how the queue functions (at least it is used on most games). And combat. And many, many other things. However, the phost site does have a nice phost-thost difference list.

Try to stick to thost.

Overlapping minefields: When new minefields are laid, host checks only if you are within the minefield with the center closest to you.

Btw, one of the best ways to slow down a Robot is to fill up the minefield slots. Did you ever do that? Takes plenty of effort and dedication.

Phost even has personal minefield alottments ;).
There are minefield slots? O.o I guess that makes sense, with a ship limit of 500. That's something so obvious that it never occurred to me.

Thank you, Rimstalker. I very much appreciate this education you're giving me.
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Donovan

Post#32 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 pm

JonnyDoH wrote:Yeah, I think I figured that one out. Now the remaining question is... Does the planetary cloaking field protect against an Antimatter missile?
Ah, you meant that specific one. No, the Birdmen cloaking shield does not protect a planet from a doomsday missile. Planet 440 will be toast in six turns, sorry. And since it hasn't started to build a missile yet, which takes three turns, it can only fire effectively at some planet within three turns of warp 9 trave. So basically, it can only destroy another Birdmen planet. :shock:

I don't know what planet you are launching against from planet 283, but keep in mind it will be toast in nine turns. Substract three turns for building the missile, and your missile will not go further than 486 lightyears. If you want that missile to hit anything, aim for a planet within that range. There are Feds to your east... :wink:

JonnyDoH

Post#33 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Donovan wrote:
JonnyDoH wrote:Yeah, I think I figured that one out. Now the remaining question is... Does the planetary cloaking field protect against an Antimatter missile?
Ah, you meant that specific one. No, the Birdmen cloaking shield does not protect a planet from a doomsday missile. Planet 440 will be toast in six turns, sorry. And since it hasn't started to build a missile yet, which takes three turns, it can only fire effectively at some planet within three turns of warp 9 trave. So basically, it can only destroy another Birdmen planet. :shock:

I don't know what planet you are launching against from planet 283, but keep in mind it will be toast in nine turns. Substract three turns for building the missile, and your missile will not go further than 486 lightyears. If you want that missile to hit anything, aim for a planet within that range. There are Feds to your east... :wink:
Feh. I'll take your word for it, but I'll wait proof positive for the missile to hit planet 222. At that point I'll surrender so we can stop wasting any more time.

Thanks all the same, Donovan.
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Donovan

Post#34 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 pm

JonnyDoH wrote:Feh. I'll take your word for it, but I'll wait proof positive for the missile to hit planet 222. At that point I'll surrender so we can stop wasting any more time.

Thanks all the same, Donovan.
DOH! #-o Ofcourse planet 222 also has a Birdmen cloaking shield....

Well that does shave a couple of turns off the waiting period.

Return to “Intel”