Solo Glitch: New Ships not appearing at starbase

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Bossman

Solo Glitch: New Ships not appearing at starbase

Post#1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:12 am

Okay so it's been awhile since I played, and while I plan on joining the next game, I'm pretty rusty and wanted to get a hands on feel for some of the races.

I loaded up a default host game that comes with dosplanets, picked a couple races for myself and the rest for space lord.

I did turn one, but my first two starting ships appeared in deep space hundreds of LY from my homeworlds or starbases. Then upon loading turn two things were still a mess. Newly built ships did not appear at said starbase, instead fully fueled in deep space where my starter ships had been.

I'm using the latest version of PCC 1 to play the turns.

I also tried wiping the host game and changing to fresh directory for host files, as well as playing with just one empire. Same result.

I imagine this is probably an error from an old host program or a conflict from pcc maybe? Maybe old game data is mixing in? I'm just guessing of course.

All I want is a practice game so I'm not 100% clueless when the next no frills game starts :).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help. Apologies also if this has been discussed previously on the board but I didn't see it in my search.

[/quote]

albatross

Post#2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:36 am

Sounds like you're using different maps for hosting and playing. Try copy XYPLAN.DAT from the host dir into the game dir.

Six_Of_One

Post#3 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:37 am

albatross wrote:Sounds like you're using different maps for hosting and playing. Try copy XYPLAN.DAT from the host dir into the game dir.
What he said.. have the same problem every game :oops: :lol:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 am

Six_Of_One wrote:
albatross wrote:Sounds like you're using different maps for hosting and playing. Try copy XYPLAN.DAT from the host dir into the game dir.
They say donkeys only bump their heads once :P

Hawkeye

Post#5 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:10 am

Yup, I'll second Albatross on that one - definitely sounds like different map files.

Six_Of_One

Post#6 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 am

BitMask wrote:
Six_Of_One wrote:
They say donkeys only bump their heads once :P
Great, i can cross donkey off my list then :P
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Klauser

Post#7 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 am

Albatross has it right. Our local group tends to play with modded maps - and whenever someone re-installs the game, this is the error I see if they don't use the right xyplan.dat file.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Bossman

Post#8 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks albatross and everyone else for pointing me in the right direction.
Can't wait to get home and and start chrurning through practice turns.

Return to “Intel”