How boldly does the Q cheat?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

TheClerk

How boldly does the Q cheat?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a question concerning the Q as stated in the topic: How boldly does he cheat?

I No Frills 137 he has taken control over the empire and I saw two probes in deep space last turn. One (PL21 empire design) did not move and gained 29 kt of mass since last turn. Another probe (B200 borg design) had 16-30 cargo+fuel left and HYPed away into deep space gaining 1 kt of mass while doing so. Since cloaked ships at both position are highly unlikely, I am asking myself how to stop those nasty pests when they need no fuel?

albatross

Re: How boldly does the Q cheat?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Bold is an understatement :lol:
The Q has no need to do smart things with probes, at least I've never seen it doing so. Unless they might bother freighters ignoring them gives the least headache.

Gavan

Post#3 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:20 pm

The Q is happy to give itself extra fuel out of nowhere at times. The Q can also see cloaked ships. It can not force a ship to de-cloak (wiithout a Loki or a Glory device of course) but it will know you are there and can tow your cloaked ship around.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:36 pm

I used to run a series called Developer Profiles during the first couple of years the site was online and Red Troll talked about the Q in part of his interview. It's worth taking a look at.

Red Trolls Developer Profile
Regards,
][avok

TheClerk

Post#5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:46 am

Indeed an interesting Interview, thanks for the link. I had not discovered it yet.

So the name "Q" is whisely chosen - he is just as bold :D

So I have to deal with those nasty probes. It is a shame that players drop from the game like this...

Return to “Intel”