Page 1 of 4

What is your favourite race and why?

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:17 pm
by FLETCH
Hello all,
I hope this hasn't been asked before, if it has then I apologise in advance :oops: . Anyway, I was just curious what the most popular races are. Some well known players on the site are quite obvious, but what is it about that chosen race that gets your rocks off, and how about the rest of the members? Please mark your favorite race on the poll and please leave a short message about what, in your opinion, is the best thing about that race.

Even if you don't regularly post in the forums, please add your pick to this poll. The more who vote, the wider range of opinions and the better indication of what is most popular.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:23 pm
by FLETCH
Unfortunately is appears to allow only 10 poll options. If your favourite is the Colonies of Man please post your reasons anyway and they can be added to the numbers via messages rather then on the poll itself.
Unless of course ][avok has the power as Sysop to add another poll option.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:28 pm
by FLETCH
To be honest I have only played a hand full of races but so far my favorite is the Cyborg. I can't get past the assimilation ability. Less need to bus people around to get planet economies going. Lots more tax money quicker.

However if you think another race is better I'm ready to be convinced.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 pm
by B A N E
The Green Ground Pounders!
Love em.

Played all of them more than once and like Liz the most.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
by Cherek
Can you tell I like WEBs?WEBs! WEBs! WEBs!

I think that says all, don't you?

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:28 pm
by Sysop
B A N E wrote:The Green Ground Pounders!
Love em.

Played all of them more than once and like Liz the most.
While not my favorite race, there is a lot to be said for the Lizards. I love using them to take over a planet, star base and all.. and then getting that o'so personal message the following turn.. "YOU MOTHER ^!&^@#$^"... That puts a real smile on your face! :lol:

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:55 pm
by B A N E
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Can you tell I like WEBs?WEBs! WEBs! WEBs!

I think that says all, don't you?
Uhm, :-k
I'm not certain but I think your favorite race is the: Evil Empire!?

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:02 pm
by Cherek
B A N E wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Can you tell I like WEBs?WEBs! WEBs! WEBs!

I think that says all, don't you?
Uhm, :-k
I'm not certain but I think your favorite race is the: Evil Empire!?
Naw, but I do like collecting their ships (along with everyone elses). :lol:

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:55 pm
by qzmojo
I'm a Pirate at heart, no matter which race I'm playing.... :D

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:39 am
by Zaphod Beeblebrox
CoM.

1. Fighters. LOTS of fighters.
2. Minefields? I wave my private parts at your minefields!!
3. Fuel? No, I'm not having any trouble at all with fuel, why? (snicker, snicker)
4. Oh, goody! I see that planet over there is temp 51 and has 45,000 Bovinoid clans! Whoopee!

I'm pretty sure the Cobol is the single most useful ship in the game: Fuel scoop, Minelayer, Bioscanner, decent cargo.

And since the foolish Rebels 'give' me a Falcon in just about every game I play I get to HYP, too!

CoM is all about brute force. ...and having a really good economy to produce that force. I love to imagine the look on people's faces when they see nine Patriots and a couple Virgos heading their way. :shock:

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:00 am
by Flying Scotsman
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:CoM.

1. Fighters. LOTS of fighters.

CoM is all about brute force. ...and having a really good economy to produce that force. I love to imagine the look on people's faces when they see nine Patriots and a couple Virgos heading their way. :shock:

Here, Here. COM all the way! =D>

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 am
by Cherek
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:CoM.

1. Fighters. LOTS of fighters.
2. Minefields? I wave my private parts at your minefields!!
3. Fuel? No, I'm not having any trouble at all with fuel, why? (snicker, snicker)
4. Oh, goody! I see that planet over there is temp 51 and has 45,000 Bovinoid clans! Whoopee!

I'm pretty sure the Cobol is the single most useful ship in the game: Fuel scoop, Minelayer, Bioscanner, decent cargo.
1. Lots of fighters, I like them too.
2. My WEBs (and everyone else) laugh at your private parts.
3. One day, I'll have to check to see if that is true.
4. I like Bovinoids also.

Yes, Cobol are nice ships, but they can't scoop fuel if they keep getting stuck.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:15 am
by Rimstalker
gotte love them birds. Sneaky sneaky and with the cloaked intercept used appropiately, they have not a single race that can just walk over them.

Just give the darkwings a bigger fueltank, please!

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:48 am
by Cherek
Rimstalker wrote:Just give the darkwings a bigger fueltank, please!
Why? Their small fuel tanks and good fire power is why I like going against the little Birdies. The Resolutes are a little harder to capture with their 8 beams and big fuel tank.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:04 pm
by Zaphod Beeblebrox
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: 1. Lots of fighters, I like them too.
You wouldn't if they were comming your way...
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:2. My WEBs (and everyone else) laugh at your private parts.
Yo' momma weren't laughin'! 20 or so Heavy Phasers will make pretty short work of any Web Mine field, in case you've never seen it happen.
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:3. One day, I'll have to check to see if that is true.
You'll have your opportunity if you play Critical Mass.
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:4. I like Bovinoids also.
Uhm. I'll bet you do. Love them, in fact. :shock:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Yes, Cobol are nice ships, but they can't scoop fuel if they keep getting stuck.
I don't think you understand how it works...