Looking for setup advice

Here you will find the VGA Planets veterans helping out new players. This is a great place to learn battle tactics, logistics and more.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Looking for setup advice

Post by Klauser » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:17 am

I used to host VGAP games for our local group of gamers before I found Circus Maximus, but have fallen out of the habit since then.

Last week, I got an unexpected surprise when one the local players asked me to set up a game for a small group of his friends. My original intent was to run a small game, then gently nudge them towards CM for future games.

When talking to some of the players, it became obvious that they expected to play on a variety of platforms, including Window7/10 as well as iPads and Android tablets. The obvious solution is a browser based client, but I have little experience with them.

I'd appreciate any advice and/or links to help me get these players set up for VGAP.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Re: Looking for setup advice

Post by FireAge » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:04 pm

The only thing I can think of... is NU... but that would be like swearing in church. Maybe it's possible with the new client from Stefan?

It supports windows and linux, so it could be compiled for IOS and for Android.... I think....
He is also working on a web based client, but I don't it's far enough yet.

Site Admin

Re: Looking for setup advice

Post by BitMask » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:42 am

Winplan32 works on Windows 7/10 http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan
Stefan's web client is the best other alternative

Return to “Mentoring”