Player Issues

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Burnerboy

Player Issues

Post#1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Greetings Venerable Warriors,
While I have always tried to avoid public conflict with other players in my games, something happened recently that I feel I must get off my chest.
Two turns ago, a Romulan "Norexan Class Battlecruiser" traveled part way across Alpha Quadrant 7 with one of my freighter chunnels without my permission. Now, to be honest, I do not know if this was an intentional action or merely an accident, but a stowaway is a stowaway.
I Googled "Stowaway" and it is still considered a crime in most nations. Naturally, my first reaction was to punish the offender. But AQ7 is in a week long delay, so I have had a couple of days to consider the situation, and believe I have come up with a viable alternative to violence.
I contacted several transport companies that specialize in moving vehicles. While I could not find one that transported Starships (I actually had one rude fellow hang up on me), I did manage to get a quote to ship my Jeep from my home here in Ohio to my daughter's house in Texas.

So here is my reasoning and my solution to this problem:

As we all know a Light Year is roughly 5,877,960,000,000 miles. The chunnel distance was 1,689 Light Years. Total distance comes to 9,927,874,440,000,000 miles, assuming this Budweiser has not messed up my math too much.
The trucking company stated that the trip from here to Houston is 1,346 miles. So, if you divide the total chunnel miles by 1,346, you get a total of 7,375,835,393,759 trips.
The quoted price was $1,250 for the trip. Multiplying the trips by 1,250 comes to $9,219,794,242,199,108. For convenience, we will use credits as U.S. dollars. A Megacredit is 1,000,000 credits. According to my beer influenced math, the Romulan owes me 9,219,794,242 Megacredits in transportation charges. And this does not take into consideration the difference between the Jeep's 4,290 pound curb weight and the Norexan's 797 kiloton(797,000 metric tons) current mass, plus the 17 torpedoes the rascal fired at me after arrival.
Having played this fascinating game for nearly two decades and being acquainted with this particular individual for most, if not all of that time, I am certainly willing to compromise to some extent.
Undoubtedly, the Romulan does not have 9.2 billion Megacredits just laying around. I am Borg, and with all of my millions of extremely happy colonists gladly paying taxes, I still have nowhere near that amount.
The Romulan currently controls 139 total ships. If he will agree to place 10,000 Megacredits on each ship, send them to a location to be determined, with a Friendly Code of gs6, then we can consider this matter settled. This is only a little over 15% of what I feel I am owed, but would be a sign of good faith on his part.

Sincerely,
Burnerboy, Benevolent Advisor to the Collective

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Player Issues

Post#2 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 am

There is only one small problem with the math.

Your original quote for the Jeep was in a heavy gravity environment and we all know that space does not have that type of friction. In fact the resistance in space vs. resistance on earth is 1:832,324,567 which if substituted into your equation give 11MC that the Romulan owes to you...
=P~

Burnerboy

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 pm

What :shock: Resistance? The truck company guy said nothing about resistance. He said $1,250.00 to go 1346 miles. Who asked you anyway [-X Go master a new game and leave me alone. Not that I could start a new one. AQ7 takes 80 hours a week. I had to quit my job :cry:

BB

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:04 am

Now I am going to have to master a new game that you cannot "resist" :twisted:

Burnerboy

Post#5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Please don't [-o< AQ7 takes up more time than any game in years. No possible way I can handle another one. Have mercy on an old man :lol:

Ron

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 7”