Winplan players

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

Winplan players

Post#1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 am

Where are all the players that still use Winplan to play?
Surely there cannot only be 6... :shock:

Chorgey

Re: Winplan players

Post#2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 am

I use Winplan but am wrapped up in two other games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
South Jersey

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm in 3 games so I'm a bit over stretched. Maybe next time if it's Thost.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Chorgey

Post#4 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm also partial to Thost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
South Jersey

Hawkeye

Post#5 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:21 am

Winplan yes, Winplan32 no.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am

Hawkeye wrote:Winplan yes, Winplan32 no.
Winplan 32 only have a few extra features in. For most it is the same. You can even run them in the same planets directory side by side if you want.

Hawkeye

Post#7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm

BitMask wrote:Winplan 32 only have a few extra features in. For most it is the same. You can even run them in the same planets directory side by side if you want.
I guess I'm in the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" camp :)

Gilgamesh

Post#8 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
BitMask wrote:Winplan 32 only have a few extra features in. For most it is the same. You can even run them in the same planets directory side by side if you want.
I guess I'm in the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" camp :)
I've stayed a couple of releases back to avoid the new stuff. There are a couple of minor bugs but nothing major, and I just wanted a winplan that would play on 64 bit. Without that I would probably not be playing anymore, but yeah - I agree. just mirror original Winplan.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

streu

Post#9 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 am

BitMask wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Winplan yes, Winplan32 no.
Winplan 32 only have a few extra features in. For most it is the same. You can even run them in the same planets directory side by side if you want.
Be sure to use the right version of Winplan32.

As players on my host have found out the hard way, there is a version that comes with a preloaded reg key, downloadable from Dropbox. This will cause Tim Continuum / PHP Abyss alerts.

The version from your site seems fine.

--Stefan

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 pm

streu wrote:Be sure to use the right version of Winplan32.

As players on my host have found out the hard way, there is a version that comes with a preloaded reg key, downloadable from Dropbox. This will cause Tim Continuum / PHP Abyss alerts.

The version from your site seems fine.
Yes. If you used the original Winplan 32bit setup.exe from the dropbox it overrides your key. It has been renamed to indicate this.

The latest beta (V3.6.45) has so far no bug reports and seems to be the most stable option to use.

Boronos

Post#11 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Is Tlist 1.1 set in stone?

It drastically diminishes the Firecloud as a med capital ship and it's not like the Borg has an abundance of them in the original list anyway.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#12 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 am

Boronos wrote:Is Tlist 1.1 set in stone?

It drastically diminishes the Firecloud as a med capital ship and it's not like the Borg has an abundance of them in the original list anyway.
It is difficult to change one the game has been setup and mastered.
But you should look at the B222 in TList as a much better medium warship and the Quietus can be used to resupply your fleet.

Carlos Weyland

Post#13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm

All,

I am trying to use WINPLAN32 on a Win 7. I am getting a registration error. I know that the website for Bitmask has the answer, but the website listed on the home page of CM does not work. Has the Webpage moved???
One man in the right place, at the right time, can change anything...even a war.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#14 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 am

Carlos Weyland wrote:All,

I am trying to use WINPLAN32 on a Win 7. I am getting a registration error. I know that the website for Bitmask has the answer, but the website listed on the home page of CM does not work. Has the Webpage moved???
The website is still there. Just checked and it is online. Perhaps just refresh. http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/
You need to use your registration from your original Winplan license that you bought. (Copy reg.key and scram21.ole to your winplan32bit folder)

Carlos Weyland

Post#15 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Bitmask,

Thank you for you comments. I may have a problem with my ISP so I went to a public WIFI and I could not open the page there as well. I refreshed and cleared cache, I have used IE and Firefox, no web page. Thank you anyway.
One man in the right place, at the right time, can change anything...even a war.

Return to “Winplan32 Game1”