Winplan under Windows 7

This forum is for discussion of the 32bit version of Winplan.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Winplan under Windows 7

Post#46 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 am

Julius Atreides wrote:I've been running the 32bit Winplan for about 13 turns now and several others in our game are running it as well.

There is some sort of glitch that keeps causing bad turns. Ships dropping stuff on planets that they don't have.

A friend simply went to the ship in question and redid its actions resending turn afterward. Result, same problem with another ship.

If anyone is interesting I'll get the exact error message from my Host later.
Sounds like it might be the registration problem I have seen. If more than 1 player in a game play with the 32bit Winplan, they use the same key number and Host/PHost see this as a problem/cheating/yellow turn and handle it accordingly. If only one player use the 32bit Winplan in a game, then it work as intended.

Julius Atreides

Post#47 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

Outstanding, that is likely our problem and one easily overcome as everyone has their own registrations. Will make them reload and use the separate registrations. Thanks

Cherek

Post#48 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Julius Atreides wrote:I've been running the 32bit Winplan for about 13 turns now and several others in our game are running it as well.

There is some sort of glitch that keeps causing bad turns. Ships dropping stuff on planets that they don't have.

A friend simply went to the ship in question and redid its actions resending turn afterward. Result, same problem with another ship.

Hmm, I haven't seen that yet or maybe didn't notice it. This is the second PHost game I've used it in

I haven't had a bad turn but I have several Data corrupted errors when when I ran maketurn. I had used Echoview to make changes to a planet settings and then ran RandMax_win before I ran maketurn. The work around is is to do a maketurn before I made planet changes and ran RandMax_win then I ran maketurn again. I seems to have an issue if there isn't a playerX.trn file. The authors have been notified of this.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

streu

Post#49 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 am

If you still can execute 16-bit MS-DOS software, you could try Check http://phost.de/~stefan/playutil.html#check on that game directory ("check path\to\game 7" to check Crystals, optionally add "/C" and/or "/P" for extra pickyness). This usually gives a little better messages than HOST's built-in check.

--Stefan

Julius Atreides

Post#50 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

This is the warning/error some of our players using the 32bit winplan is getting.

"Race 3 has a ship unloading on a planet it is not over" With Race X changes based on who's turn it is of course.

Shardin5

Post#51 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Can't get the new Winplan to Activate. What files do I need to recover, and copy into the new installation?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#52 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:19 am

Shardin5 wrote:Can't get the new Winplan to Activate. What files do I need to recover, and copy into the new installation?
One of two ways to do it.
1. Create a new Winplan directory . Then copy the new WinPlan.exe into the main WinPlan directory and if you want to, create a shortcut on your desktop.
2. Just copy the new Winplan into your current WinPlan directory.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#53 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 am

Cherek wrote:
Shardin5 wrote:Can't get the new Winplan to Activate. What files do I need to recover, and copy into the new installation?
One of two ways to do it.
1. Create a new Winplan directory . Then copy the new WinPlan.exe into the main WinPlan directory and if you want to, create a shortcut on your desktop.
2. Just copy the new Winplan into your current WinPlan directory.
Ah,
My problem was running the new setup.exe file.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Julius Atreides

Post#54 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Julius Atreides wrote:This is the warning/error some of our players using the 32bit winplan is getting.

"Race 3 has a ship unloading on a planet it is not over" With Race X changes based on who's turn it is of course.
Thought I had this problem whooped as last few turns were good. I was wrong. Did my turn twice last turn, fresh unpacks each time but got the error, just from different ship and planets. Apparently some order was not liked.

I guess off to find other options as turns are getting big enough now that redoing them in becoming a less viable option.

Are there any other 3rd party clients that run on Windows 7 without having to run virtual machines or similar?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#55 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Julius Atreides wrote:
Julius Atreides wrote:This is the warning/error some of our players using the 32bit winplan is getting.

Thought I had this problem whooped as last few turns were good. I was wrong. Did my turn twice last turn, fresh unpacks each time but got the error, just from different ship and planets. Apparently some order was not liked.

I guess off to find other options as turns are getting big enough now that redoing them in becoming a less viable option.

Are there any other 3rd party clients that run on Windows 7 without having to run virtual machines or similar?
I believe PCC will run under Windows 7.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#56 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 am

JVC also runs under Win7. Player guide is on C-M or on my own website.

Kassengestell

Post#57 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:24 am

i have windows7 on my pc, so i installed oracle virtualbox do play planets (winplan) there. that works fine, but...

i have no chance to view combats. when doing it in winplan it crashes.

playvcr doesn't work, too.

has anyone a good idea for me ?

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#58 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:26 am

Kassengestell wrote: i have no chance to view combats. when doing it in winplan it crashes.
playvcr doesn't work, too.
has anyone a good idea for me ?
Make a copy of your VPWork folder after you have unpacked your turn to your Win 7 PC and run PlayVCR from there. It might need the c:\Plan1 files as well, but you only have to copy that once, not each turn like the VPWork folder.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#59 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:29 am

PS. I see the latest version of Winplan 32bit is V3.6.0.42

Is everyone that use Winplan 32bit running this version?

Cherek

Post#60 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 am

BitMask wrote:PS. I see the latest version of Winplan 32bit is V3.6.0.42

Is everyone that use Winplan 32bit running this version?
Yes, I am.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Project 6: Winplan 32bit”