Winplan under Windows 7

This forum is for discussion of the 32bit version of Winplan.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Re: Winplan under Windows 7

Post#31 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Burnerboy wrote:Has anyone actually tried this?

Ron
I'm running the new WinPlan on Win7 64bit. I like it. There are a few minor differences, but for the most part, looks and feels pretty much like the old WinPlan.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Burnerboy

Post#32 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Installed it, seems to work. I'll try a real turn when I get the nerve [-o< Tired of hauling around two computers.

Ron

Cherek

Post#33 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Burnerboy wrote:Installed it, seems to work. I'll try a real turn when I get the nerve [-o< Tired of hauling around two computers.

Ron
I think you'll be happy with it. All you need to do is copy the vpworkX from your old WInPlan to your new WinPlan.

Hmmm, I haven't tried to see if I can make work it work from a thumb drive yet. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

BTW, EchoView and Randmax (Randmax_win) works on Win7 64bit also.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

excaliburca

Post#34 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Cherek wrote:
Burnerboy wrote:Installed it, seems to work. I'll try a real turn when I get the nerve [-o< Tired of hauling around two computers.

Ron
I think you'll be happy with it. All you need to do is copy the vpworkX from your old WInPlan to your new WinPlan.

Hmmm, I haven't tried to see if I can make work it work from a thumb drive yet. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

BTW, EchoView and Randmax (Randmax_win) works on Win7 64bit also.
I've been running both the 32bit version of Winplan and Echoview on Win 7 64bit for the past 11 months and it's been working great. It crashed fairly often in the earlier versions but now it crashes rarely with the latest build.

Gilgamesh

Post#35 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:31 pm

A couple of things with the 32 bit version.

First - I think it's great that I can still play with my new machine, so a big "Thank you!"

Second - the old Winplan allowed you to have the planetary build and the planetary survey panels up at the same time. This was a big plus when trying to decide how many mines to put on a planet. I'd love to see that available.

Third - if you have the starbase panel open when you go to build mines and factories, it crashes.

Not big problems, it's just the little things now. Overall - big thumbs up!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#36 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Hmm, I guess I'll have to try the third one. Thanks for the heads up.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

streu

Post#37 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 am

Gilgamesh wrote:First - I think it's great that I can still play with my new machine, so a big "Thank you!"

Second - the old Winplan allowed you to have the planetary build and the planetary survey panels up at the same time. This was a big plus when trying to decide how many mines to put on a planet. I'd love to see that available.
That would now be a good time to insert an ad for the other 32-bit client, which always displays the planetary survey when building mines :-)

--Stefan

Gilgamesh

Post#38 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Have there been any new releases based on the conversations we've been having? I'm running 3.5.114.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Julius Atreides

Post#39 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Have there been any new releases based on the conversations we've been having? I'm running 3.5.114.
Not that I have seen.

wasp

Post#40 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 pm

What new winplan??
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Cherek

Post#41 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:54 pm

wasp wrote:What new winplan??
This version of WinPlan will run on Win7 32bit and 64bit. I can see only a few minor glitches.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15143666/setup.exe
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#42 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:11 am

I've seen problems with the correct registrations keys not being used for turns in players using this 32bit Winplan.
So if you get reg problems in your game, stop using this version.

Cherek

Post#43 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:20 am

BitMask wrote:I've seen problems with the correct registrations keys not being used for turns in players using this 32bit Winplan.
So if you get reg problems in your game, stop using this version.
I have seen data corruption after running RandMax. To prevent from happening, In WinPLan, after I run the Unpack, I go to the the screen where you select your race, hit the Make Turn button and then go into the game and do my moves and what not. With me, it seem to want a playrX.tun file there.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#44 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 am

There are a few small annoyances I would like to see fixed, but much better than trying to load virtual XP sessions etc.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Julius Atreides

Post#45 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 am

I've been running the 32bit Winplan for about 13 turns now and several others in our game are running it as well.

There is some sort of glitch that keeps causing bad turns. Ships dropping stuff on planets that they don't have.

A friend simply went to the ship in question and redid its actions resending turn afterward. Result, same problem with another ship.

If anyone is interesting I'll get the exact error message from my Host later.

Return to “Project 6: Winplan 32bit”