BAD TRN

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BackSlashZero

BAD TRN

Post#1 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Hey guys,
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get good TRNs submitted. Mostly it seems to be "too many mines for colonists" on planet X, but sometimes its "MC disappeared" from planet Y. It is really tough - I seem to be playing each turn 4 or 5 times to find the "right combination" that will work.

Using 32 bit winplan under XP. Extracting util and the player files each turn just to be sure. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help that might be available.
Cheers
Dave

Cardno

Re: BAD TRN

Post#2 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Tarniscus. Upload it - what a gem this programme is for correcting winplan errors.

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:03 pm

+1 for Tanascius

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:24 am

I've forwarded many of your bad-turn messages to Bitmask as I've seen them arrive. You should hear from him soon.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:45 am

BackSlashZero wrote:Hey guys,
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get good TRNs submitted. Mostly it seems to be "too many mines for colonists" on planet X, but sometimes its "MC disappeared" from planet Y. It is really tough - I seem to be playing each turn 4 or 5 times to find the "right combination" that will work.

Using 32 bit winplan under XP. Extracting util and the player files each turn just to be sure. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help that might be available.
Cheers
Dave
The problem is in Winplan32 bit. We are working hard to fix them.

At the moment I would recommend you use V3.6.0.45, but it has the issue with the "too many mines" that has been fixed in later versions. The later versions have however new issues that is more serious. You could let Tanascius Tool do the building of Factories, Mines and Defenses and that would solve the issue in V3.6.0.45

The easiest solution to get good turns in, is to do the following:
Go to http://www.tanascius.com/ and download the tool, install it and then also apply the update.

In the Bad Turn mail that you receive you will see the planet or ship that has the error, listed. It may be something like this : "WARNING: Ship 430 cannot dump cargo on planet 133!"
Find the X,Y coordinates of both the ship 430 and planet 133 and close Winplan

Open the Tanascius Tool, choose the game slot you are using in the Game tab and then under Misc tab use the undo option.
This will only undo the commands at that location. Use it for both the planet and the ship (2 sets of X,Y values)

Then you only need to redo the commands at those 2 locations and then maketurn again.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm

A new version of Winplan has been released. It should fix your Bad Turn errors.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/news/winplan ... -released/

BackSlashZero

Post#7 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for all the replies! I will definitely check out tarnacius and the new winplan.
Cheers
Dave

Return to “Brass Tacks 14”