Game over?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FireAge

Game over?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:09 pm

I was looking forward to fighting the Privateer Crystal combination.
Fighting the Privateer, Crystal, Bird combination, I'll pass :?

Guess next time I'll make sure to join games with the One Ally add-on.

So let's hear it, who wants to continue, and who wants to end this match?

jemmini

Re: Game over?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:09 am

One Ally with non-ally Cooperation: (Mercenary game)
One Ally addon is in use.
The spirit of this game is that you have ONE Full or limited ally at any one time.
The exchange of any asset (ally or enemy) in trade is legal.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend for now, with coordinated attacks outside alliance allowed.
Borders, NAPs, military coordination (ally or enemy) is legal.

we play according to the declared scenario

Pirates have never been in Alliance with Crystals

p.s. but you are right: we had been lucky and we won.
I you about it already wrote earlier. but you laughed.

who is your ally in this game?

---------------------------------------------
our Alliance is pirates and birds. this Alliance was signed long ago. with crystals cooperate only pirates. pirates with the aim of protection from the robots and their large minefields. crystals - to gain a unique ships pirates.
also, crystals and pirates signed a non-aggression Pact.

I would like to note that so far there have been no cases of large-scale joint military action. each of us independently conducted battles on its front. the only exceptions are the rebels, but against them has never been used major force.

the fascists only now took his first fight. it was for them suddenly and painfully. however fascists still can resist. but the defeat of the fascists inevitable. and we will not use against the fascist forces of more than necessary.

there is no one with whom we can adequately fight. most of the players were too weak in this game.

FireAge

Post#3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Don't worry I am not saying you cheated. I don't like alliances bigger than 2. I've done a 3-way alliance once, and the game was just not very fun at all. There is no challenge left. Unless the other side has the same kind of alliance, but that never really happens.

When I get hit with webmine fields at the same time as privateer and bird dark wings, I know what's happening. So that's why I am calling it. I can spend a lot of time blowing up ships with my glory devices (as you noticed already) and fighting dark wing with my Viccy's, but in the end your three combined forces are too large for me to win from.

So I surrender. Take the win, and let's move on. I'd rather spend my 3-4 hours per turn on a game in which I'll have fun while winning or loosing.

And just to answer you, I don't have any allies in this game. Alliances cost a lot of time to work properly, and I did not feel like putting in that kind of effort this game.

Oh, and just to let you know again, you still need to work on your language. You may not mean to do so, but you are being rude and offensive:
"there is no one with whom we can adequately fight. most of the players were too weak in this game."

Now why would you post something like that?

jemmini

Post#4 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:40 pm

FireAge wrote:Don't worry I am not saying you cheated. I don't like alliances bigger than 2. I've done a 3-way alliance once, and the game was just not very fun at all. There is no challenge left. Unless the other side has the same kind of alliance, but that never really happens.
this is not so. in the game 350 was the triple Alliance 1+2+11 against the triple Alliance 4+7+9. everything was very interesting. nobody threw the game until the last moment.
FireAge wrote: When I get hit with webmine fields at the same time as privateer and bird dark wings, I know what's happening. So that's why I am calling it. I can spend a lot of time blowing up ships with my glory devices (as you noticed already) and fighting dark wing with my Viccy's, but in the end your three combined forces are too large for me to win from.
I long warned you that I'm preparing to bring you the spider. I gave you a head start - time for preparation.
and with the birds, everything is simple: for birds didn't remain rivals. you could think about it yourself. but it seems you never thought of this.
FireAge wrote: So I surrender. Take the win, and let's move on. I'd rather spend my 3-4 hours per turn on a game in which I'll have fun while winning or loosing.

And just to answer you, I don't have any allies in this game. Alliances cost a lot of time to work properly, and I did not feel like putting in that kind of effort this game.
and how do you expect to win, not having allies? perhaps you should play scenarios without alliances.
FireAge wrote: Oh, and just to let you know again, you still need to work on your language. You may not mean to do so, but you are being rude and offensive:
"there is no one with whom we can adequately fight. most of the players were too weak in this game."

Now why would you post something like that?
have you ever wondered about that for strong players are not interesting to play with weak players and, as for the weak players are not interesting to play with strong players? it happened so that the weak players here was too much. in addition, the two players threw the game in its very beginning. two of the player (1, 10) they did not know what wrap and played so. and so on.

FireAge

Post#5 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:01 pm

:) you make it seem like I wasn't expecting you. Why do you think you lost a bunch of cloaking ships on your first arrival to beautiful Klingon space. You sure didn't seem to expect to find a glory device going off under your old fashioned "tow the super star destroyer to base'" trick. Lost 3 MCBR for one Saber -> profit.

I did not realise the bird was your ally, so I was expecting him to focus on attacking the privateer and crystal. Still, I didn't loose much in his attack. Two dark wings for two viccy's and some spare change.

You assume too much. You assume players are bad, but you do not know their starting conditions. Sure some may have not played great. But why disrespect them? Maybe they just choose to put less effort into their turns? Maybe they prefer to play in a more casual way?

I've played with and against some really good players here, and with and against less experienced or dedicated people. I appreciate them joining these games, and participating.

jemmini

Post#6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:29 pm

FireAge wrote::) you make it seem like I wasn't expecting you. Why do you think you lost a bunch of cloaking ships on your first arrival to beautiful Klingon space. You sure didn't seem to expect to find a glory device going off under your old fashioned "tow the super star destroyer to base'" trick. Lost 3 MCBR for one Saber -> profit.
for me it was a real surprise to meet in such a distant place your ships glory device, especially in such quantities. I was too cocky.
FireAge wrote: I did not realise the bird was your ally, so I was expecting him to focus on attacking the privateer and crystal. Still, I didn't loose much in his attack. Two dark wings for two viccy's and some spare change.

You assume too much. You assume players are bad, but you do not know their starting conditions. Sure some may have not played great. But why disrespect them? Maybe they just choose to put less effort into their turns? Maybe they prefer to play in a more casual way?

I've played with and against some really good players here, and with and against less experienced or dedicated people. I appreciate them joining these games, and participating.
I respect all players. if a player plays poorly, to say about this not a sign of disrespect.

p.s. you play good. I say this seriously.

jemmini

Post#7 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:16 pm

FireAge, the game will continue? :)

many secrets I have told you here? :lol:

FireAge

Post#8 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm

You have to get your information somewhere :twisted:

Of course the game will continue. Never surrender.
You may be a good player, but any player can be taunted :mrgreen:

I'm sure I will not win this game, but I never give up without a fight.
If you can win straight, fight dirty! It's just too bad you didn't give away more information.

Now come at me with the three of you, I have MCBR to roast!

jemmini

Post#9 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 pm

let it be so. get ready to take a punch. soon there will be a terrible end. :twisted:

jemmini

Post#10 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 pm

turn 38: robots had committed suicide. this is a very bad! they dismantled all their ships.

it's a shame. such players spoil the game.

I want to warn those who are going to play in Game #364: Brass Tacks 16
the name of this player - Strohhut. this player joined the game.

FireAge

Post#11 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 pm

What player would not suicide his ships, when facing loss at the hand of the privateer?
Better to colonize/recycle your ships then to surrender them to the enemy.

jemmini

Post#12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:33 am

FireAge wrote:What player would not suicide his ships, when facing loss at the hand of the privateer?
Better to colonize/recycle your ships then to surrender them to the enemy.
what nonsense? first, I was not even able to touch. secondly, pirate threatens all and always. not to play at all? the robot just give a shit all ruined the game. it is bad.

albatross

Post#13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 am

jemmini wrote:what nonsense? first, I was not even able to touch. secondly, pirate threatens all and always. not to play at all? the robot just give a shit all ruined the game. it is bad.
Most likely he ruined just your game - could you possibly think of a reason for that, I mean besides the fact that everyone who doesn't play the game the way you like it simply sucks?

jemmini

Post#14 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 am

albatross wrote:Most likely he ruined just your game - could you possibly think of a reason for that, I mean besides the fact that everyone who doesn't play the game the way you like it simply sucks?
you could express more clearly? I don't understand that you mean.

jimbolinio

Post#15 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Yes, I dismantled all my ships. But there is a reason why I did that.
There are three races at my eastern territory, Bird, Priv and Crystal.
The game is played with One Ally? Why are two races flying through Crystal mines in order to
invade my area? Crystal lay webmines at my border and Bird sweeps my minefields. So the
Priv is waiting for free access to my territory and of course my ships. OK, maybe the BirdWings were towed
into webmines from the Priv so that the Bird can calmy sweep my fields,
but IMHO at this constellation the One Ally Addon makes no sense to me.
So I dismantled all my ships for the sake of fairness. Why should I donate ships to these 3-race-combo?
To all other players sry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Brass Tacks 15”