Game Preferences ?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#46 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:46 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sysop wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Static,
Will need a much bigger roll for all the crying he will be doing. As he is losing badly in, Shark and the Return.


Really? Cherek is loosing????? I find that hard to believe?

Cherek, Might be losing, but I was talking about Static, They may be to peas in a POD, but they are to different people.




Shardy.... That's "Two different people" no "to different people"

You're going to be doing a spelling check too skippy.
O:)


Don't you mean: Shardy, that's, "...two different people." no[t], "...to different people."?

:twisted: If you're going to correct someone you might want to check your post closely for typos. :twisted:

This is just going to get ugly, I can see. It'll end up with 12 posts correcting the spelling and grammer for every real post on the forums.



Uhhhhhh I was doing tech support and multi-tasking... yeah... that sounds good... just like windows... yeah!!!! that's it!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#47 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:17 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:This is just going to get ugly, I can see. It'll end up with 12 posts correcting the spelling and grammer for every real post on the forums.

By the way, it is grammar, not grammer.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#48 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:19 am

Sysop wrote:Uhhhhhh I was doing tech support and multi-tasking... yeah... that sounds good... just like windows... yeah!!!! that's it!!!


That's OK, you only missed one letter in one word. I'd say you did a better job of multi-tasking than Micro$oft Window$ does! If you'd written in MS Word, a little paperclip would have jumped out of your computer, and asked you if you really meant to say, "Isn't Microsoft great? I want to give them all of my money!"

Microsoft is a combination of the Evil Empire and the 'borg. They use their Dark Sense to sniff out sucessful companies and products and then they assimilate them.

I've always wondered who the hell would name their company Micro (extremely small) + soft (not firm, limp, flaccid)? Did he never think about that? Is there something he wants to tell the world?

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#49 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:24 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Microsoft is a combination of the Evil Empire and the 'borg. They use their Dark Sense to sniff out sucessful companies and products and then they assimilate them.

I look at Microsoft as job security. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#50 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:23 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Microsoft is a combination of the Evil Empire and the 'borg. They use their Dark Sense to sniff out sucessful companies and products and then they assimilate them.

I look at Microsoft as job security. :D



Till they're crushed by their own weight and parading paralysis.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#51 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 am

Microsoft is one of those necessary evil's
Microsoft forces everybody to stay on thier toes, come out with new products, and forces everybody to push the envolope or be swallowed up.

Otherwise we would be goose stepping with IBM in there old fashion ways, Mr Bill even forced Big Blue to change thier stagnet ways.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#52 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:37 am

Sysop wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Microsoft is a combination of the Evil Empire and the 'borg. They use their Dark Sense to sniff out sucessful companies and products and then they assimilate them.

I look at Microsoft as job security. :D



Till they're crushed by their own weight and parading paralysis.


They'll last until the accountant dominated corporations have managed to outsource every job in the US to Elbonia for 50 cents a day and the US collapses because no one can pay their first mortgage, let alone their second or third.

Sadly, I'm not really joking...

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#53 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:56 am

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Microsoft is one of those necessary evil's
Microsoft forces everybody to stay on thier toes, come out with new products, and forces everybody to push the envolope or be swallowed up.

Otherwise we would be goose stepping with IBM in there old fashion ways, Mr Bill even forced Big Blue to change thier stagnet ways.


Sure but the opposite argument is that Microsoft swallow's up everyone and their innovation and is just as stagnant when it comes to development as IBM and it's old fashioned ways. It's just Microsoft’s old fashioned ways now that people are tired of it.

Take IE as your most simple example; it’s been the unchanged for almost 5 years. Microsoft wants to tout the innovation card every time you see Gates or Ballmer talking about Windows, but in fact there is no innovation. It’s Microsoft’s way and they’re fine with the way things are. Now Firefox is coming to the forefront and first the 1st time in 5+ years Microsoft is making IE 7.0… What are they doing? Talking about FF and what a piece of crap it is and at the same time Implementing FF’s features. Tab Broswing..etc.

Just as it was an imporant step for Microsoft to come along and put IBM in it's place, it's just as important for companies to come along, get big like Google, Red Hat, etc, and keep Microsoft in it's place so your so called and job provider don’t turn into IBM. Cause it already has in a way.

Competition is good!

End Rant 8)
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#54 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:23 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Microsoft is one of those necessary evil's
Microsoft forces everybody to stay on thier toes, come out with new products, and forces everybody to push the envolope or be swallowed up.

Otherwise we would be goose stepping with IBM in there old fashion ways, Mr Bill even forced Big Blue to change thier stagnet ways.


A brief search on the internet (perhaps searching on google for: Microsoft predatory) will provide you plenty of examples of companies that MS has used its immense size and legal muscle --rather than innovative product development-- to crush because they wanted to move into a market.

This does not foster competition and improve the marketplace.

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#55 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:26 pm

The Big difference between Microsoft and IBM, is IBM held the license to all the hardware and software and forced the stagnation. Microsoft swallows up people, but only after a sucessful product and they are willing to be bought out. Now Microsoft can be considered a Stagnat Company that just looks for somebody elses next bright idea, but because they do this and reward the OWNERS, the industry grows in leaps and bounds, forces companines like SUN, to make better products faster, the 18th month cycle's biggest push is the Necessary evil. Love'em or Hate'em its the way it is. I have lots of MSFT stock myself, Mr. Bill rewarded 3 of us that were recalled to serve in Desert Strom with 500 shares of stock. It now sits in my Roth IRA. SO GO MR. Bill. I have a really nice newsclip of Mr. Bill getting Pie in the face for those that want it.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#56 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:48 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:The Big difference between Microsoft and IBM, is IBM held the license to all the hardware and software and forced the stagnation. Microsoft swallows up people, but only after a sucessful product and they are willing to be bought out.


Willing to be bought out or have Microsofts might turned against them. Like the previous post said, just hit google and type Microsoft Predatory and see what they've done :)

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Love'em or Hate'em its the way it is.


No doubt. But it'll change one day, no one stays on top forever. Then we'll all be griping about something else.

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:I have lots of MSFT stock myself, Mr. Bill rewarded 3 of us that were recalled to serve in Desert Strom with 500 shares of stock. It now sits in my Roth IRA. SO GO MR. Bill. I have a really nice newsclip of Mr. Bill getting Pie in the face for those that want it.


Well, at least they gave you something. That was very nice of them.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#57 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:08 pm

Yes whoever is on top will be on top of everybodies hit list and complaint list. As long as Mr Bill is around and as long as Mr Allen needs money for sports teams, MSFT will be on top for a long time.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron