ARENA

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#31 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:08 am

B A N E wrote:I sent a cake map idea to Joe, perhaps if he's not busy he can post
a pic of it.

Of the 4 cluster maps joe sent, I like the 2nd one that has each cluster
greatly separated from the others.

O--O
| -- |
O--O

The cake map I whipped up is same principle except that instead of
circles it has pie slices / cake slices
I'll post it when I get home.
Regards,
][avok

Six_Of_One

Post#32 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:56 am

I'm actually a fan of the addons..... playing vanilla all the time would e like being stuck in groundhog day :lol:

Different addons each game make you tjink differently, even with the same races....... anyway i digress.

I liike the concept, ............what about using the addon that gives ships experience points, and when you have killed you neighbour, a wormhole opens to a random cluster.... you go in and join their battle.

this would give a 3 way battle but chances are by the time you get there, one would be supperior to the other.

Just a thought

Havok
Site Admin

Post#33 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:I'm actually a fan of the addons..... playing vanilla all the time would e like being stuck in groundhog day :lol:

Different addons each game make you tjink differently, even with the same races....... anyway i digress.

I liike the concept, ............what about using the addon that gives ships experience points, and when you have killed you neighbour, a wormhole opens to a random cluster.... you go in and join their battle.

this would give a 3 way battle but chances are by the time you get there, one would be supperior to the other.

Just a thought
That's the beauty of the game. You can pretty much do what ya want with it. I get tired of Vanilla games myself, but they're good for a lot of reasons. In fact, they're the most popular games here.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#34 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:12 am

Havok wrote:I'll post it when I get home.
Cool, thanks.

I agree also regarding addons.
While I dislike most addons that I've used, they do change it up.

We can setup multiple versions of this scenario.
A flagship/homeworld version.
A vanilla version
A "Mo Frillz" version.

Possibilities.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Game Suggestions”