The South Rises in Revolt!

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

The South Rises in Revolt!

Post#1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:09 am

there are a few of us down here in the southern hemishpere interested to know if there is sufficient interest up there in the north to take us on. This game is if you like a prelude to a bigger, North vs South game in the New Year, which would feature 5 x 5 races. This game would probably still be running at the time that other one starts, but should be up to bout 80 turns by then.

Looking at a no frills, starbase +, standard map, with no sphere.

We are also thinking about possibly looking at Srace as well.

in particular, we are interested in those who would take an active role in posting to the forums and working well with their team mates to make it a very challenging game. We of course, might get way more interest than the game can take players. Probably if we don't like you - we will put you at the top of the queue... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cardno

Re: The South Rises in Revolt!

Post#2 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:11 am

I should have said - this game would be a 3 x 3 game. and run three times a week....

Cardno wrote:there are a few of us down here in the southern hemishpere interested to know if there is sufficient interest up there in the north to take us on. This game is if you like a prelude to a bigger, North vs South game in the New Year, which would feature 5 x 5 races. This game would probably still be running at the time that other one starts, but should be up to bout 80 turns by then.

Looking at a no frills, starbase +, standard map, with no sphere.

We are also thinking about possibly looking at Srace as well.

in particular, we are interested in those who would take an active role in posting to the forums and working well with their team mates to make it a very challenging game. We of course, might get way more interest than the game can take players. Probably if we don't like you - we will put you at the top of the queue... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cherek

Post#3 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:47 am

I guess if you put more than three southerns together, they'd end up fighting each other. :twisted:

Wish I could play but I'm in eight game with a nineth about to start.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#4 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:03 pm

hell no man! we only fight each other when there is no-one else around!

:D

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I guess if you put more than three southerns together, they'd end up fighting each other. :twisted:

Wish I could play but I'm in eight game with a nineth about to start.

Cherek

Post#5 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Cardno wrote:hell no man! we only fight each other when there is no-one else around!

So, who is will be representing the southern hemisphere?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#6 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:13 pm

Myself, Fletch and Steve (although when i last talked to steve, we were thinking of a second K V A, but now its goine hemisheral (not actually a word...).

so yeah, pretty easy cannon fodder for some of you big boys up there...... eh....

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Cardno wrote:hell no man! we only fight each other when there is no-one else around!

So, who is will be representing the southern hemisphere?

Cardno

Post#7 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:34 pm

oh yeah and i should have said that we are going to beat the asses off you northern hemipherers!

Cherek

Post#8 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:25 pm

Cardno wrote:Myself, Fletch and Steve (although when i last talked to steve, we were thinking of a second K V A, but now its goine hemisheral (not actually a word...).
FYI, I did a Google search and found one listing ofthe word "hemisheral". It involved the Australian Weather Mailing List Archives. That means that an Aussie made it up before you did. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#9 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:28 pm

Yes the australians are very smart (grits teeth), and i support the intelligence of my fellow player's coutrny men..

Cardno wrote:Myself, Fletch and Steve (although when i last talked to steve, we were thinking of a second K V A, but now its goine hemisheral (not actually a word...).
FYI, I did a Google search and found one listing ofthe word "hemisheral". It involved the Australian Weather Mailing List Archives. That means that an Aussie made it up before you did. :lol:

Cherek

Post#10 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Cardno wrote:Yes the australians are very smart (grits teeth), and i support the intelligence of my fellow player's coutrny men..
The Australians maybe smart, but apparently they can't play Planet very well. Are you sure you want include then in this north vs south thing?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#11 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:53 pm

If it was a not playing planets very well issue -then K vs A would have kept on goingl. We had the borg - they didnt.
Cardno wrote:Yes the australians are very smart (grits teeth), and i support the intelligence of my fellow player's coutrny men..
The Australians maybe smart, but apparently they can't play Planet very well. Are you sure you want include then in this north vs south thing?

Cherek

Post#12 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:57 pm

So, will the game be 3 on 3 or 5 on 5?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#13 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:11 pm

At this stage looking at 3 x 3 , could become 5 on 5 if we had enough keen players from both hemispheres, who are of about the same experience. The key for this game is to try to get the sides as even as possible so it will be a serious test of our abilities.
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:So, will the game be 3 on 3 or 5 on 5?

Cherek

Post#14 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:21 pm

That is the good thing about using SRace. The players get t use the they are use to playing, not the luck of the draw. I know you shouldn't have finding the players to do the north, but I don't know if you'll find enough players for the south. Do you know how many players here at C-M that are south of the equator? I'm referring to a 5 on 5 game.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#15 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:24 pm

not off hand - but there are three kiwis, at least four or five aussies, and one sa that i know of - i would imagine there are probably quite a few more. There used to be a whole bunch of south americans for a while on last domain, but i dont see many here..

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:That is the good thing about using SRace. The players get t use the they are use to playing, not the luck of the draw. I know you shouldn't have finding the players to do the north, but I don't know if you'll find enough players for the south. Do you know how many players here at C-M that are south of the equator? I'm referring to a 5 on 5 game.

Return to “Game Suggestions”