More Star Trek factions?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BattleHymn REpublic

More Star Trek factions?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Which Star Trek factions should be added? I think that the Cardassians and the Dominion should, for starters. They're the only major factions from the shows not included yet.

FLETCH

Post#2 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:06 pm

Klauser has addressed a couple of the points you raise.

See in the Downloads section under Scenarios. Klauser (Matt Clouser) has several scenarios based on other races.
> Federation and Empire - A Starfleet Battle
> Star Trek - Alpha Quadrant
> Starfleet Battles
Just to name a few.

I am currently playing the Cardassians in Alpha Quadrant and I think it's great. Puts a different spin on the original VGAP.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:41 pm

FLETCH wrote:Klauser has addressed a couple of the points you raise.

See in the Downloads section under Scenarios. Klauser (Matt Clouser) has several scenarios based on other races.
> Federation and Empire - A Starfleet Battle
> Star Trek - Alpha Quadrant
> Starfleet Battles
Just to name a few.

I am currently playing the Cardassians in Alpha Quadrant and I think it's great. Puts a different spin on the original VGAP.
I believe he's made the Dominion too.
Regards,
][avok

Klauser

Re: More Star Trek factions?

Post#4 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:46 pm

BattleHymn REpublic wrote:Which Star Trek factions should be added? I think that the Cardassians and the Dominion should, for starters. They're the only major factions from the shows not included yet.
Both ][avok and Fletch called it right.

I made two Trek-based VGAP mods - one based in the original Series (Kirk era), and one based in the NextGen/DS9 era.

- Star Fleet Battles takes its name off the board game of the same name by Amarillo Design Group and uses 11 races based in the Original Series era. Some races are well known to Trek, others ADG made up. Regardless, it translated fairly well to VGAP. Here are the SFB races:

Player 1 - Federation
Player 2 - Gorn
Player 3 - Romulans
Player 4 - Klingons
Player 5 - Orions
Player 6 - Seltorians
Player 7 - Tholians
Player 8 - Lyrans
Player 9 - I.S.C.
Player 10 - Hydrans
Player 11 - Kzin

- Alpha Quadrant attempts to do the same thing in the Next Generation / DS9 era. Unlike SFB, there was a total 0f 14 seasons (7 NextGen, 7 DS9, plus a smattering of Voyager episodes for Borg material) of episodes to pull information from, so there was alot less need to make stuff up. Here are the AQ races:

Player 1 - Federation
Player 2 - Gorn
Player 3 - Romulans
Player 4 - Klingons
Player 5 - Orions
Player 6 - Borg
Player 7 - Tholians
Player 8 - Dominion
Player 9 - Cardassians
Player 10 - Ferengi
Player 11 - Maquis

Both these mods are available for download here on CM.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Return to “Game Suggestions”