Suggestion for game setup when ITAScore is available

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Suggestion for game setup when ITAScore is available

Post#1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Following on another thread about scoring systems - here's my suggestion when ITAScore is implemented:

3X per week until turn 30 then 2X to a hard ending at turn 80.
ITAScore
Alternate shiplist (suggestions? I still don't know them well enough)
SB+
Race+
Noallies
Maybe Sphere and Exploremap?

Gimme the Klingons!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for game setup when ITAScore is available

Post#2 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Following on another thread about scoring systems - here's my suggestion when ITAScore is implemented:

3X per week until turn 30 then 2X to a hard ending at turn 80.
ITAScore
Alternate shiplist (suggestions? I still don't know them well enough)
SB+
Race+
Noallies
Maybe Sphere and Exploremap?

Gimme the Klingons!
I have it, I like ITA. It offers a lot and judges more fairly. My problem with it is it outputting like ATScore and getting the graph right. I haven't been able to solve that problem so far.

If I can get it working right, I'll use it for all games from that point forward.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:16 pm

That's great!

Just MHO and with no disrespect or lack of appreciation intended - but I don't find the graph that easy to follow anyway. I can't speak for everyone but for me that would not be a show-stopper.

When can we start? :D :D :D
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:22 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:That's great!

Just MHO and with no disrespect or lack of appreciation intended - but I don't find the graph that easy to follow anyway. I can't speak for everyone but for me that would not be a show-stopper.

When can we start? :D :D :D
Yeah the graph is just that, a representation of the score file from ascore. No details, just a line and a assumption. :)
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:44 pm

Well - it gives you some idea historically, although I depend on Echoview for that (tim score based, but still....) When I played at NAVGAP I kept a little spreadsheet going.

When the scores are tight, I can't tell who is where on the graph. The only thing that really jumps out is when races are way out in front or way behind.

The addition of the current scores to the game page is great and it's really the only thing I check out now.

Cheers

Jim
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:44 pm

Thinking on from another thread.....

If ITAscore isn't up and running for a while, I'd play the Klingons again on a Starbase+ and Race+ setup.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:50 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Thinking on from another thread.....

If ITAscore isn't up and running for a while, I'd play the Klingons again on a Starbase+ and Race+ setup.
The problem with ITAscore actually isn't the scoring. The issue I'm having with it is making it do the AScore style visual graph. There's an option to make it do it, and when it screw's up, you get that picture with all the straight vertical lines instead of a incline.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#8 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Havok wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:Thinking on from another thread.....

The problem with ITAscore actually isn't the scoring. The issue I'm having with it is making it do the AScore style visual graph. There's an option to make it do it, and when it screw's up, you get that picture with all the straight vertical lines instead of a incline.
Do away with the graph. :wink:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: Do away with the graph. :wink:
Word!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Game Suggestions”