A Two Fleet Type Game

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

A Two Fleet Type Game

Post#1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I have idea for a kind of a unique game and I’m curious if anyone would be interested in it.

It is two big fleets battling it out for control of the Echo Cluster until one fleet is annihilated or declares itself in full retreat. Each fleet will be made up of three or four players playing the same race, no mixing of races i.e. three Fed players going against three Birdmen players or three Rebel players against three Empire players. Think it should be a torpedo race against a torpedo race or a fighter race against a fighter race.

The drawback is that the game would have to be a PHost game to accommodate three or four players of the same race. Map, add-ons and game settings can be hashed out later if there are enough players.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Re: A Two Fleet Type Game

Post#2 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I have idea for a kind of a unique game and I’m curious if anyone would be interested in it.

It is two big fleets battling it out for control of the Echo Cluster until one fleet is annihilated or declares itself in full retreat. Each fleet will be made up of three or four players playing the same race, no mixing of races i.e. three Fed players going against three Birdmen players or three Rebel players against three Empire players. Think it should be a torpedo race against a torpedo race or a fighter race against a fighter race.

The drawback is that the game would have to be a PHost game to accommodate three or four players of the same race. Map, add-ons and game settings can be hashed out later if there are enough players.
Maybe 3 x 3. Take a random map and split into 3 sectors like a pie.

Just an idea.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#3 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Why would PHOST be a drawback? PHOST is by far the best hosting program out there.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Why would PHOST be a drawback? PHOST is by far the best hosting program out there.
Maybe he meant it's a drawback for those that aren't used to playing in a PHOST game yet.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#5 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:13 pm

Havok wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:Why would PHOST be a drawback? PHOST is by far the best hosting program out there.
Maybe he meant it's a drawback for those that aren't used to playing in a PHOST game yet.
Exactly
Enemy#1, you know as well as I do, the only real drawback to PHost too many people are afraid of it.

BTW, I will insist that PList ship list WILL NOT be used. 3X3 sounds good, how about 999 ships? :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:15 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Havok wrote:
Exactly
Enemy#1, you know as well as I do, the only real drawback to PHost too many people are afraid of it.

BTW, I will insist that PList ship list WILL NOT be used. 3X3 sounds good, how about 999 ships? :twisted:
What shiplist would you want to use Cherek?
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#7 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:19 pm

More than likely, Tim's ship list unless someone can come up something other than PList.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:29 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:More than likely, Tim's ship list unless someone can come up something other than PList.
Gotcha.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#9 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:53 pm

Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:More than likely, Tim's ship list unless someone can come up something other than PList.
Gotcha.
A course, I'm going to play, after all, I thought of it and it is a PHost game. I would recommend doing it like in the Hemisphere game. First, get the players into two teams. Let them decide whether it is going to be torpedoes against torpedoes or fighters against fighters. Once the two teams decide on fighters or torpedoes, then they can decide on opposing races.

Oh, did I mention that the Privateer race and all their technology was destroyed 200 years before the battle? :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#10 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:17 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Havok wrote:
Gotcha.
A course, I'm going to play, after all, I thought of it and it is a PHost game. I would recommend doing it like in the Hemisphere game. First, get the players into two teams. Let them decide whether it is going to be torpedoes against torpedoes or fighters against fighters. Once the two teams decide on fighters or torpedoes, then they can decide on opposing races.

Oh, did I mention that the Privateer race and all their technology was destroyed 200 years before the battle? :twisted:
Any recommendations for who would be the Supreme Admiral for the team you play on Cherek? :lol:

Raven2

Post#11 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:08 am

I believe TKF supports PHost.

If you want fleet combat with team players, TKF would be awesome. Allied players can fight toghether in the same battle.
I'd be interested if the game included TKF.

Also, if you're looking for a screaming torpedo slugfest, check out the Romulan and Klingon shiplists from the Alpha Quadrant scenario. They are truely awesome.

Shiplist and race really wouldn't matter to me though. I'd just love to see two fleets controlled by six players converge in a TKF scenario.
>>> Raven <<<

Cherek

Post#12 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 am

Raven2 wrote:I believe TKF supports PHost.

If you want fleet combat with team players, TKF would be awesome. Allied players can fight toghether in the same battle.
I'd be interested if the game included TKF.

Also, if you're looking for a screaming torpedo slugfest, check out the Romulan and Klingon shiplists from the Alpha Quadrant scenario. They are truely awesome.

Shiplist and race really wouldn't matter to me though. I'd just love to see two fleets controlled by six players converge in a TKF scenario.
The only bad thing about is that only two players you and myself have said they're interested in.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

B A N E

Post#13 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:27 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: The only bad thing about is that only two players you and myself have said they're interested in.
TKF (which I'm reg'd) like TVCR2 requires regs and both don't seem to
like WinXP (at least for me).

As for interest, depending upon who else is in the game, I might be
interested.

8)
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#14 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:03 pm

If anybody can get TKF to work on XP I am all for it, problem with it now, I can't see my battles and since the Battles happen outside of Thost or Phost, you don't know what the enemy is armed with, or how much damage they took
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

B A N E

Post#15 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:24 pm

I'll say this, it would be easier picking the all torper versus all fighter
campaign.

5v5 or 4v4 or 3v3 interesting.

3v3v3 (if there was some way to forbid and enforce a 6v3 situation)

Cherek,
Fed, Gorn, Bird, Fascist and Tholian are obvious torpers.
&
Empire, Bots, Rebs & CofM are obvious fighters.

Where would you categorize the Borg?

Pirates are extinct, not an issue.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Game Suggestions”