A Two Fleet Type Game

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

Post#31 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:22 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I was setting at my desk at work when the idea of the game hit me. This is the first time I've ever heard of a team game where the teams are of the same race.
Excellent idea, Cherek!!

Our local group tried this concept out about 7 years ago using SRACE on my Riftwars map. It was a Fed vs. Klingon scenario with victory conditions based on ownership of the stars in the middle of the rift.

It was a kick-a$$ game, but IIRC it ended prematurly because several players on my team had to quit for some reason or 'nother.

As Raven suggested ... using my AQ shiplist - particularly the Fed, Klingon, or Romulan - would be an awsome match!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Cherek

Post#32 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:41 pm

I'll look at it. I seem to remember a while back someone mentioned another ship list, NO NOT PLIST!!
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#33 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:17 am

Where I wouldn't mind a new shiplist, we may want to stay with the standard Timlist for the 1st game, don't add to many changes, give the newbies some comfort in something being familiar.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#34 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:24 am

Enemy#1 wrote:Where I wouldn't mind a new shiplist, we may want to stay with the standard Timlist for the 1st game, don't add to many changes, give the newbies some comfort in something being familiar.
You might be right, but it is an option.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

B A N E

Post#35 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Klauser wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I was setting at my desk at work when the idea of the game hit me. This is the first time I've ever heard of a team game where the teams are of the same race.
Excellent idea, Cherek!!

Our local group tried this concept out about 7 years ago using SRACE on my Riftwars map. It was a Fed vs. Klingon scenario with victory conditions based on ownership of the stars in the middle of the rift.

It was a kick-a$$ game, but IIRC it ended prematurly because several players on my team had to quit for some reason or 'nother.

As Raven suggested ... using my AQ shiplist - particularly the Fed, Klingon, or Romulan - would be an awsome match!
So, Klauser?
Has this game piqued your interest enough to toss your hat in?
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

anubis

Post#36 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:50 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:If anybody can get TKF to work on XP I am all for it, problem with it now, I can't see my battles and since the Battles happen outside of Thost or Phost, you don't know what the enemy is armed with, or how much damage they took
I got it to work with DosBOX. Not a great solution, but it does work.....

Havok
Site Admin

Post#37 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm

anubis wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:If anybody can get TKF to work on XP I am all for it, problem with it now, I can't see my battles and since the Battles happen outside of Thost or Phost, you don't know what the enemy is armed with, or how much damage they took
You should consider Tactical VCR 2.
Regards,
][avok

anubis

Post#38 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm

Havok wrote:
anubis wrote:
Does that display TKF battles?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#39 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:17 pm

anubis wrote:
Havok wrote:
anubis wrote: I got it to work with DosBOX. Not a great solution, but it does work.....
No it doesn't. Tactical VCR is another mutlti-ship combat program like TKF. It's been described as TKF on steriods. I've tried to get a game going with it here twice now with no takers. I think it would be awesome.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#40 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:39 pm

I'm interested in both TKF (reg'd) and TVCR2 (notreg'd) but I cannot
get either one to behave with XP.

I will consider DOSBOX tests another time.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#41 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:42 pm

B A N E wrote:I'm interested in both TKF (reg'd) and TVCR2 (notreg'd) but I cannot

Haven't tried TKF on XP but had no problems setting up TVCR2 Reg'd.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#42 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Havok wrote:
B A N E wrote:I'm interested in both TKF (reg'd) and TVCR2 (notreg'd) but I cannot

Haven't tried TKF on XP but had no problems setting up TVCR2 Reg'd.
I Remember the last game where you configed TVCR2, but I have always had problems with TKF on XP and 2000, so I stayed away from it. If TVCR2 works with XP, WHEN you have time create another one, and make sure to post that it works with XP, I bet you get some takers then.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

anubis

Post#43 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:51 pm

Havok wrote:
anubis wrote:
Havok wrote: You should consider Tactical VCR 2.
No it doesn't. Tactical VCR is another mutlti-ship combat program like TKF. It's been described as TKF on steriods. I've tried to get a game going with it here twice now with no takers. I think it would be awesome.
Set one up, I'll play!

Return to “Game Suggestions”